GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Harness work - one of a few... using oem style harness tape and twisting for data, do it right or don't do it at all.

and for fun some of the parts removed and to be installed. keyword is some the parts, the other bay and interior of the car is full too.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Coming along nicely ! cant wait for more

valj

Ready to race!
Great work! Vagmotorshop.ru here in Moscow has performed 3 similar AWD transplants recently, with the entire process being entirely plug-and-play except cutting off the niche for the spare wheel in the boot. Their K04 cars are demonstrating 0-100 km/h times of 3.8 sec.
They are also integrating the mk6 gti with the S-tronic 7 speed tranny from the RS3 which sustains massive torque levels.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Great work! Vagmotorshop.ru here in Moscow has performed 3 similar AWD transplants recently, with the entire process being entirely plug-and-play except cutting off the niche for the spare wheel in the boot. Their K04 cars are demonstrating 0-100 km/h times of 3.8 sec.
They are also integrating the mk6 gti with the S-tronic 7 speed tranny from the RS3 which sustains massive torque levels.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Badass

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Will we get a wiring diagram for the haldex and double fuel pump?

I will not be posting, it isnt too many wires though total 9. The harness above is the awd one.

You do need to cut and weld the floor plus add the awd brackets and wire it. not hard but not plug and play as may would think here on this forum, I dont want to get anyone too excited here. also need the trans.

USA gets the shaft on a few things overseas AWD manual is common in the 02q flavor (USA only golf R) and you can get the DQ500 where we don't have one. Would have used that instead, if i break it i guys i will have to think about importing one.

If I wasnt converting to dsg it would be easier.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sweet stuff. If you have the DSG trans cracked open (or when you do), could you post pics of what it looks like in there and how involved it is to install the wavetrack and new clutchpacks? I'm curious as to why the labor is so intense on DSG.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
Pretty sweet stuff. If you have the DSG trans cracked open (or when you do), could you post pics of what it looks like in there and how involved it is to install the wavetrack and new clutchpacks? I'm curious as to why the labor is so intense on DSG.

Internally they are very similar to the the 6spd manual, just more work to get to the internals and more parts/seals needed then a manual once they are opened.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
This build is coming together and looking great! Cant wait to see whats next. Keep up the hard work.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
May I ask why? It would help others who want to do this and eliminate any potential issues for the next person...

You need to wire it correctly, to put it simple. There are slight variations throughout cars and models so I am not putting it out there. Wire it wrong and you can say goodbye to a bunch of expensive electronics. Not going to happen from me, if someone wants to do it they will figure it out.