GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfmk6.com recent activity

Is it me or I feel that there's a lot less activity these days on the forum... Is it slowly moving toward mk7?? What are the stats for the forum I d be curious to see

KO7

Ready to race!
It's a combination of people moving on to (or planning on moving on to, and thus researching) other cars, as well as members having finished their builds.

Me, I'm finally going Stage 1, 2 or K04 after 60,000kms. :)

Last edited:

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I agree that the forum feels much less active at the same time I've felt that I've been more active in the community. The Golf 2.5 section itself is practically dead

Nelly

Ready to race!
I guess a lot of the member are reaching end of lease or other reason for moving on. Definitely more activity in the buy/trade sub forum. I myself am keeping mine for as long as I can. I've been active here more than on vortex.

cobie56

Ready to race!
It is also now nice weather and folks are outdoors more and not so much on line. I know that is my excuse. In summer im rarely indoors unless it is pouring rain

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
There is less activity in general around here. I agree and also attribute it to the MK7 and the others who have moved on to non-euro cars with inferior interiors.

Still plenty of knowledge here to search/read!

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I'm here and on Vortex; but I think Vortex is more commercialized and ''deader'' than it is in here. There are still plenty of people here who have positive contributions and even the occasional thread that goes off on an entertaining ;) tangent. Vortex used to be king but not so much anymore.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Once we've discussed every mod possible, the talk is bound to drop off significantly. A good portion of buyers of the mk6 new are now getting rid of their cars also. In a few months, the forum will be flooded with "newbe" questions again, mark my words. I've seen this pattern on others cars I've owned. patience.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Once we've discussed every mod possible, the talk is bound to drop off significantly. A good portion of buyers of the mk6 new are now getting rid of their cars also. In a few months, the forum will be flooded with "newbe" questions again, mark my words. I've seen this pattern on others cars I've owned. patience.

This has already happened. Big time.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

I cant wait to be "that guy" who is a jerk screaming search and other things. (although ill still answer their questions because I'm lonely and sad)

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Then there are the guys like me that have just discovered the MKVI & are here learning what works & what doesn't. :D

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Its because ot people moved on from this site, it was fun with it and still joined their dark side lol. Also people moving on is another thing, kinda normal when the generation discontinues.