GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein suspension component questions

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
ugh..........you got me there ginzo.........I just keep telling myself that spending over a grand for coils on a FWD car isnt worth it. Figured you would buy coils if you wanted to track the car or autox. Kinda like buying 300 dollar cologne and you work as a gym teacher :p thats why I am looking at just about every setup imaginable on here to see what falls into my area of preference. I mean the PSSs were my choice from the very start, I just figured there would be a cheaper alternative. But perhaps your right sir.

and Kato if you are reading this im still curious about your setup, please lemmie know whatcha got going on in that beaut :) especially those rims

As far as true track performance coilovers. The B14s are more of a performance oriented coilover than say FK, solo, JOM etc but its still an enthusiast consumer coilover. Track coilovers are something like the clubsports, Penskes or anyother 4 way adjustable montube.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
No offense here...I don't get why people get butt hurt when people post "popular" questions that have been asked a million times. This is a forum that is the whole point and sometimes there is newer or different opinions or answers to those questions.

I'm not butt hurt, I've given my input numerous times, he's just all over the place for 4+ months now and it all seems like a giant waste of time since he hasn't bought anything & still isn't buying anything.

These questions have been answered for the past 5+ years too.
And like you said, YOU "did a ton of research." ;)

Buy something and see how it works out. Doesn't matter what you read or what people say, you don't know unless YOU try it.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Are you finished berating me?

I have bought things lately actually, I just don't feel the need to tell everyone about everything I buy. I bought new mounts, tires, did a transmission oil and filter change, ya know things that cost money that I needed to do. I also bought spacers to set up for when I lower the car. Oh and I have financial obligations outside of messing with my car. For me the summer months are not good for money and I work in a school district so I do not get paid during the summer months. I am doing research on things I may buy and I try to get as many opinions as I can from different people. So forgive me if I do some research and continue to do so as products come to my attention that I didn't know about during my initial search or heaven forbid I forget to ask a question during a discussion or a new one comes to mind. I think if everyone on this site were held to the rule of you can only post a thread for something if you are going to buy it, this site would be barren.

So please, while I really do appreciate your input on what you have helped me with and I saw you answered my question about the serron wheels offset thank you for that, I would appreciate it if you would leave this kind of stuff behind. Having this argument isn't going to help anyone with their cars.

kitoyskie1285

Ready to race!
I just want to ask if anyone here is know the price of koni coilovers for gti mk6? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
dg/vwr with koni/bilstein you can't go wrong, now just choose one and go with it. I think you are overcomplicating your decision.

Honestly I would go with the b8 mkv if you are choosing bilsteins, but that's just me. And if you don't want the supposed bilstein lift then get konis.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
just noticed on tirerack when you go to order shocks it has options for a 50mm or 55mm outside strut diameter. which one is the one I should get? i have a 13 GTI 4 door DSG

estepnie

Ready to race!
I believe it's 55mm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk