GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

DakotaGTI

New to the forum, but just wanted to share my experience. I drive a 2011 CBFA GTI with a Revo Stage II tune. I have an SPS switch as well, so I went ahead and flashed it back to stock before rolling into the dealership to have my coolant pump replaced under recall (hoping the dealer wouldn't notice the straight pipes and catless DP lol). Anyway, I dropped the car off and picked it up, everything was great. My leaking coolant pump was replaced with all the seals and gaskets and coolant was flushed and replaced free of charge. I hopped in the car, plugged in my SPS switch, and to my surprise, I sat for a good five minutes and never got the confirmation tone signifying a successful reflash to Stage II. So I checked my invoice, and sure enough the ECM was retuned under 24ax and all of my tunes overwritten.

I'll be calling Revo in the morning to see if they've released a file to correspond with this. If so, I'll be driving to my nearest Revo dealer (3 hours away) to get reflashed. I got my free coolant pump at least, but the 3 hour drive on a stock tune is going to be miserable.

Update, I took mine back to my tuner (Vagwerks, just a few miles from Revo HQ) and had it reflashed the day after my car was updated. Running stronger than ever, no issues. Vagwerks has excellent customer service as well for anyone in the WV/Maryland area.

john@Unitronics

I just emailed you my EDU # and such. Hopefully we have some updates soon!

Can you explain the changes VW made in this ECU patch? Why is it causing the tuners to write new tunes? Is it because everyone is simply overlaying their tune and just increasing the boost rather than re-writing and specifying fueling and such?

Like to have some insight which is causing tuners to have to update their files. As one would think -- our TUNES would be much better than OEM VW... For example the subaru's and the factory tune being meh even with fuel request

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Can anybody that has gotten this update tell me which update revision they're on now?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
john@Unitronic

I just emailed you my EDU # and such. Hopefully we have some updates soon!

Can you explain the changes VW made in this ECU patch? Why is it causing the tuners to write new tunes? Is it because everyone is simply overlaying their tune and just increasing the boost rather than re-writing and specifying fueling and such?

Like to have some insight which is causing tuners to have to update their files. As one would think -- our TUNES would be much better than OEM VW... For example the subaru's and the factory tune being meh even with fuel request

Release: Nov. 10, 2015

Under certain conditions, the output signal from the vehicle’s Engine Control Module (ECM) to
the in-tank fuel pump may reduce fuel supply pressure to the fuel rail. If this happens, the
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) will illuminate, and the DTC code P0087 “Fuel Rail/System
Pressure – Too Low Bank 1” will be stored in the ECM. A vehicle with this condition will not
pass an IM (emissions) inspection.

Please be aware that other conditions (unrelated to the issue described in this action) may
cause the MIL in a vehicle to illuminate. Customers should be prepared to cover all diagnosis
and repair costs for these other, unrelated conditions.

We provide performance software for virtually every ECU ID and Revision Number possible. It's a good idea to flash your ECU with the corresponding tuned files for the ECU ID and Revision Number the ECU is current at.

It's an update that affects a large number of ECU's. That's about as much as I'm going to get into....

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Can anybody that has gotten this update tell me which update revision they're on now?

It depends on what ECU ID and Revision Number you're updating FROM. For example, the one you posted, 1K0907115AM Rev. 0030, does NOT get updated. Another few examples:

1K0907115AP Rev. 0010 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0020 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0030 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0040 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0010 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0020 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0030 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040

That's just a small few, there's a good bunch more....

jshay

Go Kart Champion
It depends on what ECU ID and Revision Number you're updating FROM. For example, the one you posted, 1K0907115AM Rev. 0030, does NOT get updated. Another few examples:

1K0907115AP Rev. 0010 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0020 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0030 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AP Rev. 0040 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0010 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0020 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040
1K0907115AS Rev. 0030 --> 1K0907115AS Rev. 0040

That's just a small few, there's a good bunch more....

Right I actually just posted that as an example so people could tell which one is their revision. The one I currently have is 06J906027J SW 1637.

Any idea what this one would get updated to?

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
hey John, does this mean once you release an update, those of us with uniconnect+ could just flash to the latest revision?

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Okay so I have an appointment this Friday to get my car's ECU updated. My dealership said it's fine if I don't bring it in stock as they're just going to overwrite all of it anyways.

I'll report back how it goes.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
So if you get the update and then get it reflashed, I'm assuming you'd have to basically buy the software you already had again+cost of install? Also, the letter I got specifically mentions that this is, in part, for emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
So if you get the update and then get it reflashed, I'm assuming you'd have to basically buy the software you already had again+cost of install? Also, the letter I got specifically mentions that this is, in part, for emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm sure all major tuner companies will come out with a new revision of their current tune to accommodate this new block of changes.

IF I do have to pay for anything, it'll just be for labor to tune it. Even then I doubt it'll be very expensive.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Nope. I'm sure all major tuner companies will come out with a new revision of their current tune to accommodate this new block of changes.

IF I do have to pay for anything, it'll just be for labor to tune it. Even then I doubt it'll be very expensive.

Makes sense. I'll probably wait until the mysterious new APR stage 1/2 updates are out.

Modding is kinda fun huh