GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stories of VW Dealers

Coogie

Ready to race!
At least you're not bitter.

I have had mixed results with dealers. VW in Anchorage, AK was terrible. Took my car in because I smacked a curb in the snow.. Took 6 weeks and almost 5K to fix. The SA went on vacation for 2 weeks and my car sat untouched while he was gone. Later the same dealer did an oil change and my turbo blew on the way home. Took it to a local shop and they said likely the dealer put in the wrong weight oil and on an already worn shaft that was the death blow. The problem in Alaska is outside the dealer there are very few import shops and at the good ones (there are 2) there is a long wait to get your car in the shop.

In California I haven't had any issues other than price but I just get fluids done there as it is usually the same price there as anywhere for oil changes and what not. Out of curiousity I asked my local dealer what it would cost to do plugs at 60k and they quoted me $425. I had a good laugh at that and asked for an oil change and they said I needed a 60K. I told them to change the oil and brake fluid as that was the only thing that wasn't "inspect". That's were they get you is on service. I'm generally not going to waste my time doing fluid changes when I'm only going to save 40 bucks or so but everything else I try and do myself. So far thanks to the forums I haven't found anything I couldn't do myself.

VAG-COM has saved me a ton of cash. The only reason I even do fluids at the dealership is there is one right by my house and they have a really nice lounge and a really good looking receptionist.

That good looking receptionist never hurts [emoji6]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The only reason I even do fluids at the dealership is there is one right by my house and they have a really nice lounge and a really good looking receptionist.

So like you gonna talk to her or whats up?

KDOG1

Ready to race!
So like you gonna talk to her or whats up?

Samme i just go in to give the creepy stare from the couch as she works/walks by/and hands the keys... Ya know.. The typical deep uncomfortable stare..

Haha just could picture it too well, couldn't resist

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Mine missed some overstretched bolts in the sub frame causing a clunking sound; I also had a bad ground under the hood causing weird dashboard light errors that they couldn't figure out but a friend of mine told me what to check; My radio acted up on multiple occasions and they said "this is normal" even when I brought it to them acting up taking nearly a minute to go between screens.

The kicker was when I received a quote for my 40,000 mile service and there was an hour labor charge on there to change my spark plugs. I explained that the spark plugs have less than 14,000 miles on them.. Then I told them that I changed coil packs AND plugs in less than 30 minutes, so I'll get the DSG fluid changed by an indy shop that specializes in Audi/Porsche/VW instead while doing the rest of the items myself. I also told them that they work too slow if it takes an hour to change spark plugs.

Coogie

Ready to race!
It’s funny that my dealer calls to see if I’m satisfied with my trip. I haven’t had the courage to tell them how I really feel...