GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some White, 4-Door Action...

jun87

Don't think you looked hard enough - cars off the truck will come with somewhere between 20-40 miles from factory testing and port movement.

I test drove two GTIs that still had all shipping stuff on them except for the suspension blocks, that had only been driven off the truck and to their parking spaces, and they had about 24miles on them. They didn't even have any gas in them (well, less than a gallon - we had to drive them to a gas station before I could test drive), so I'm 100% positive they were NEVER driven except at the factory, onto the boat, off the boat, onto the truck, and off the truck to their parking spot at the dealer.

at Nissan (where i work) we get new cars coming in off the truck at 3-5 miles in the car. the technicians have to do a pre delivery inspection and drive couple miles on them as well. so about 8-10 miles on the new car total. also my gf bought a brand new 08 civic si with 0 miles as well. at 1st i didn't believe it,but it did happen when it came off the truck lol.

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
at Nissan (where i work) we get new cars coming in off the truck at 3-5 miles in the car. the technicians have to do a pre delivery inspection and drive couple miles on them as well. so about 8-10 miles on the new car total. also my gf bought a brand new 08 civic si with 0 miles as well. at 1st i didn't believe it,but it did happen when it came off the truck lol.

maybe those honda dealers have some rollback tool and just erase all the miles off the cars before you buy them.... that way you dont know what they have been doing to them while they sit on the lot... crazy Japanese people

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
maybe those honda dealers have some rollback tool and just erase all the miles off the cars before you buy them.... that way you dont know what they have been doing to them while they sit on the lot... crazy Japanese people

Honda had a case a while back where their odometers were picking miles faster than the norm. But is it that hard to believe? I see tons of brand new Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus cars on the lot with very low miles...like 7 and under usually. And i know others who have picked up their car brand new with 0 miles right off the delivery truck.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
thats a really interesting read there

can any one else share some light on this as i will be receiving my gti shortly..

congratz on the car by the way

Motoman (the guy that wrote that) is EXTREMELY well known in the motorcycle community and has done TONS of work to verify and prove his results.

Notice "Notice that this technique isn't "beating" on the engine, but rather taking a purposeful, methodical approach to sealing the rings. The logic to this method is sound."

Last edited:

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
The mount is from Seidio

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CK17SIPH3GC06

It is nice as it can work with your phone naked or in their case...either have their adapter in or out...

Bad sides are that you can only get power in...there is no using the connector in the console, you are pretty-much blue-toothin' it...Or use Aux, like I did in my TSX.

The base is from Kuda:

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_and_holder_for_volkswagen_gti_since_2010-45-642.html

I had to take off the plastic surrounds for the radio, HVAC, and shifter to get this on...final result is all right, but I had one in my TSX that fit slightly better and was a perfect match to the interior.

Next challenge? Get that God-Awful cord out of the way...I have to tap into some power at the fuse box or something like that...

Had my first dark drive last night...those HIDS leveling on start is really cool...

Today my goals are either (unlock on ignition off, or never lock in the first place) and make my darned SD card work for some tunes...(keeps giving the error, even though I have formatted it correctly...).

Will keep all of you posted...

If you format an SD card on a Mac chances are it will not work, even if you choose to format in FAT32. I had to find a PC to format mine.

Wingscribe

Passed Driver's Ed
That is exactly what I had to do...but all is working well now...

Just got my Monster mats in yesterday...still loving the ride!