GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some advice on these rims!!

Giancarlo19

hey guys so recently i have come up on some rims which are in rough but fixable shape. mainly scratches and curb rash and one rim with a dent. i thought maybe i could save a little money and fix up these rims because i'm sick of my stock rims. my car is a 2013 golf base model 2.5. anyways i have multiple questions about the rims and my golf.
1. is it cheaper to just buy brand new rims?
2. is the size of these rims too big to where i could potentially hinder performance of my car and cause future problems?
3. is it even worth the time and money to fix these rims especially the one with the dent.
4. if so where do i start and who do i even go to?
5.what is a rough estimate of how much this might even cost? without tires of course
just in case you guys havent figured it out im super noob when it comes to cars. im just trying to upgrade on a budget.
ill provide some pictures so you can see what i'm talking about.
thanks again in advance!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 250
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 150

webbry4

Ready to race!
1. Probably or at least good used ones on the forums. But idk how much these are going for and motegi wheels are usually cheap anyway.
2. Not even close it'll be a tad rougher ride than the stock 2.5 wheels
3. I'd say no but that comes down to personal preference. I am not a huge fan of that wheel to start with so my opinion doesn't matter here.
4. Google local wheel repair
5. Not sure on the dent but a few hundred at the least id say but not an expert in wheel repair.

What's your budget looking like for a set of wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Take a look at what TireRack.com has. Sometimes you can find decent wheels for not much money.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Take a look at what TireRack.com has. Sometimes you can find decent wheels for not much money.

And they are brand new. No one has put a dent in them. Personally unless it was a really good deal and the rims were really to roll i wouldn't bother. If you're going to put the effort into looking for a rim repair place for some low cost rims why not invest in something that'll make your car stand out?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

anticon

Ready to race!
It's "rimz"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk