GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conti Extrem DWS vs Pirelli Cinturato stock tires

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Hi,
My GTI came with Pirelli Cinturato's as the stock tire, and I'm thinking of upgrading in the next few months.
I know the Conti's are the better tire, but does anyone know how they compare to the Cinturato's in snow?

Has anyone else made the same switch?

*I don't drive much in the snow, I only have a two mile commute to a bus stop monday through friday, and I can take off of work if the weather was really bad.
Obviously, I don't want to take a step down.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I just bought a set of Conti DSW 06 tires from Discount Tire Thursaday. Looking at the tread pattern & reading the reviews leads me to believe they will be OK in the snow. No all season will work as well as a true winter tire. For your use I think they'd do the trick. Discount Tire has some money back offers going, but they end today. You can get $75 back for the tires & another $60 back if you use a DT credit card.

Read the reviews here > https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...utoYear=2013&autoModel=GTI&autoModClar=2-Door

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I have had a set of the Conti DWS 06 for one winter and it was a moderate Illinois winter surprisingly but the snow we did see they performed a lot better than the Pirelli. Like the other person said they wont perform as a snow tire will but for your short commute they would be good compromise to have a better performing all season tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk