GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recieved my Alzor 349 Wheels(Review)-From ECS Tuning

urbanevil

Ready to race!

ksandman

Ready to race!
Are you still riding on these wheel and if so, how are they holding up?? Car looks great. I'm interested in these wheels for my ride.

JustinT

Ready to race!
Are you still riding on these wheel and if so, how are they holding up?? Car looks great. I'm interested in these wheels for my ride.

I am still riding these wheels, I don't recommend smacking potholes for fun but if you ever do they should be fine. I was doing 60 and hit a bunch of potholes on an acceleration lane and all wheels were fine. If you are stock height I recommend going with the 35 offset instead of 45 like I did. You will enjoy the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarred767

Ready to race!
These look awesome! Glad this thread was bumped! I just got my GTI and think I'm gonna go a similar route. Planning on putting winter tires on my stock Detroits in a few months and then getting a set of summers in the spring, but don't want to dish out a ton of money. The 349's and 620's are two of my top options, so it's great seeing them on your car. How "hyper" is the Hyper Silver? Pretty flashy, or closer to a standard silver? I'm guessing they have a clear coat over them?

Also, curious what winter tires you ran on your Detroits and how they did. Thanks, car looks awesome!

JustinT

Ready to race!
These look awesome! Glad this thread was bumped! I just got my GTI and think I'm gonna go a similar route. Planning on putting winter tires on my stock Detroits in a few months and then getting a set of summers in the spring, but don't want to dish out a ton of money. The 349's and 620's are two of my top options, so it's great seeing them on your car. How "hyper" is the Hyper Silver? Pretty flashy, or closer to a standard silver? I'm guessing they have a clear coat over them?

Also, curious what winter tires you ran on your Detroits and how they did. Thanks, car looks awesome!

Hey, I didn't see this I apologize. The hyper silver is VERY bright and flashy. I like it and when they are fully cleaned they compliment the car very well. They hold up well to washing, salt on road(put them on in March and had snow), etc.
I actually used the stock all season pirellis on my Detroits and during snow they spun but everything was controllable. Just make sure you drive responsibly. I'll post a few more pictures of the car with the rims for you.

JustinT

Ready to race!

ksandman

Ready to race!
Damn I'm pretty convinced now. I have a united grey 4 door and I love the way the silver makes the grey pop. I am lowered as well. These should look killer. Thanks for updated pics!

JustinT

Ready to race!
Damn I'm pretty convinced now. I have a united grey 4 door and I love the way the silver makes the grey pop. I am lowered as well. These should look killer. Thanks for updated pics!

No problem! The ONE thing I can say for these wheels compared to the VMR's is that they are a little less concave. But they look great, enjoy the wheels. If you're lowered I'd go for the ET45 offset just so you don't rub.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Thanks man! really appreciate the update! They do look awesome! I love that hyper silver on your CSG, wonder if it'd kinda wash out on my white though, might look around to see if I can find someone with them on white, I've got a few months before spring anyway. Thanks again!

JustinT

Ready to race!
Thanks man! really appreciate the update! They do look awesome! I love that hyper silver on your CSG, wonder if it'd kinda wash out on my white though, might look around to see if I can find someone with them on white, I've got a few months before spring anyway. Thanks again!

Ironically I saw my wheels on a white GTI, it looked great either way! You'll enjoy them