GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension Help. Please. I'm dying. Lol.

jkells

Ready to race!
So after doing literally every suspension upgrade I can think of, I am still completely lost at words. I have done: drivetrain mounts (engine, tranny, dog bone), top/bottom hockey pucks, new lightweight subframe, tyrolsport deadset rigid locking collars (front and rear with ARP bolts for each), sway bars, end links, struts/shocks, springs, strut mounts, lower control arms, bushings, front/rear strut bars, under body chassis bars(front, middle, rear) and recently had a local company do my tie rods and ball joints (should have done them myself, but I was sick and lazy). Probably more just can't think right now.

I have two issues that I need to resolve:

Most important, after the local company *cough cough* Tire Kingdom *cough cough* installed my inner/outer tie rods (OE) and ball joints (VWR), I have had an issue with rubbing my wheels into my wheel well and fender. To the point where I had to manually roll my passenger fender because it was slicing into my tire. They gave up and told me to go seek help from VW, but I want to try and diagnose and remediate myself. What could be causing the front end to be sitting about an inch lower that it rubs when I hit a bump now? They only did tie rods and ball joints. Help please. Lol.

Secondly, the dreaded clunk and squeeking issues:
This is what really spun up the major suspension overhaul. When I hit a bump it clunks and squeeks or even when I turn, it will pop. WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN THIS BE?

Can anyone besides answering these questions, post links for suspension in VW? I am at a complete loss at what else could be creating these noises.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

madbikes

Ready to race!
It'll probably be more helpful if you post your tire size and offset.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Roling on Koni shocks and VWR springs. I never had the rubbing issue before they got a hold of it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
maybe your suspension is now where its supposed to be due to the beefier parts?