GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Wires

ELSIJEY

Hey guys

Just registered, so first time posting and trying to find my way around the forum.

This MAY have been asked several times before, although I can't seem to find anything having searched. (I know this line is used a lot but genuinely, having spent two days googling, couldn't find anything).

Basically, I have some aftermarket LED DRL's connected. I've got them hooked up to the + and - terminals on the battery, they work great.

Problem is, they are far too bright for nighttime driving. The relay I have with the DRL's has a separate wire that you connect to the headlights/side lights, to reduce the power of the LED's by 50%.

So.. My side lights are constantly on, no use tapping into those. I'd therefore like to know where on earth I find the low beam wire so that when the sensors dictate it's not light enough, the low beams go on automatically, thus dimming the LED's by half.

I've seen guides everywhere just explaining to connect to the headlights.. Like, what?! I don't have a clue what I'm looking for.

I drive a 2009 MK6 GTD, if that narrows things down?

All I can see is the attached image. What wire do I tap into?! :/

Many, many thanks in advance for any guidance offered, and apologies again if this has been covered. :)

ELSIJEY

*EDIT: By where do I tap the wires.. I mean do I go by 'pin' number, colour, or..?

*EDIT #2: Also have standard halogens 'headlamps' not the fancy ones. :)

*EDIT #3: Attached a picture of the only diagram I've seen (lighting loom), however, there was nothing in pin 9, which should, by this guide, be the main beam.. This out me off and lead me to believe I'm looking at the wrong loom.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 243
Last edited: