GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will your stft and ltft be out of whack after ecu reset?

Grannycar

Ready to race!
I just changed intakes to a unitronic intake and resetted my ecu. Logged it and my short term fuel trims spoke up to -25. Is that because I resetted my ecu and will it fall back into 0-5%? If so approx how many miles?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
It will re-adapt in some miles. Where it ends up depends entirely on the intake design, Diameter of piping at the MAF etc. Remember, % numbers are correction factors to get it back to Stochiometric. +/- 5% is ideal. + is a lean correction, - is a rich correction (better)

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
When you unplug the battery it resets the fuel trims. just drive it around a bit, and it'll get back to normal

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Clearing faults will clear the dual trims back to zero an they will start relearning from there. It will not make it spike -25

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Granite it's not -25 under wot I'm gonna drive it a little bit but my damn cts intake was doing better them this "maf friendly" unitronic intake

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Update drove some more roughly about 200 miles more.
Under wot stft I'm hitting +9.x to +13.x positive which would mean lean correct?
Ltft is staying -2.x to -3.x
Bad?

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Update drove some more roughly about 200 miles more.
Under wot stft I'm hitting +9.x to +13.x positive which would mean lean correct?
Ltft is staying -2.x to -3.x
Bad?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Idling I'm hanging around stft any where from -2.x to +3.x
Ltft hangs around +5.x to +7.x

Sounds like you have other issues, check for boost leaks, post MAF leaks. If no leaks are found try putting the stock intake back on and see how the fuel trims settle.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
I do not have the stock intake unfortunately. But when I put the cts intake back on all is normal.

again,
if switching to a different intake (i.e CTS) and your fuel trims are within +/- 3% then you need to start looking for a better intake than the UNI version. I know with my carbonio its within +/- 4% every time I look at it

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Yea kindve ironic cause unitronic swore they designed the intake with the "maf in mind" lol and that it utilizes stock maf housing and location