GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why I advise against frankenturbo, my personal journey with the f23

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Am I the only one who thinks 29psi is a Lil out of efficient operating range for a K04?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nope, you're not. The aftermarket is competitive and customers don't care about anything but peak numbers so they can brag and play rice rockets on the street.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Nope, you're not. The aftermarket is competitive and customers don't care about anything but peak numbers so they can brag and play rice rockets on the street.
Making sure I wasn't going crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Have you seen the compressor map for a k04? I am actually curious now myself.
My understanding is apr uses stronger wastegate to hit those high numbers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chris659

Ready to race!
IIRC, Marcel with HPA keeps their K04 files under 25psi peak with 21-22 hold. He kept talking about anything higher is just out of the turbos efficiency range.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yea it seems like there is so much variation. So either the efficiency range is wider than originally thought, or tunes are just pumping hot air

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yea it seems like there is so much variation. So either the efficiency range is wider than originally thought, or tunes are just pumping hot air

probably just pumping hot air.