GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

After market side skirts over running board dents?

BraapCar

Hey guys - I have a dumb question. I have a 2011 2-door with some dents on the underside of the running board panel on the driver side, and I was quoted a ridiculous price for getting them pulled and replacing the plastic piece. The dents are fairly large but contained to underneath the line that runs below the door sill... would Golf R skirts (specifically the BEC auto parts or similar) be able to cover these? Would they still attach securely? Should I just get the dents pulled instead? Looking for opinions on the best way to get her looking clean again with money as a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

BraapCar

^I think you missed the point. Dents are in the unibody, not the plastic. I can FIND new side skirts online, I'm asking if they will still work.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
well your side skirt is all messed up... so buying a set and then trying to attach them would find out if they fit securely or not.. and then since they are new you could get the dents fixed if they wouldnt sit flush.

Sorry just kinda skimmed your post originally. Im not sure anyone could answer that without looking in person or if you had a side skirt you could attach that wasnt bent/broken.

BraapCar

I guess I'm just asking where/how far down the side aftermarket skirts would attach. If I have to get the dents pulled either way I'll just replace the one plastic piece instead of paying to paint full skirts.

ahard48

Ready to race!
My guess is that the new side skirts will cover the dents. The only thing I'd be concerned with is that one screw hole in the second picture looks off and might not line up perfectly, but nothing a little modification wont fix.