GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble after DG spring install

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
So last weekend I installed tyrolsport front subframe collars, APR front sway bar, and DG springs with a friend. I have noticed the right front really slams over bumps and sits about 1/2" lower than the rest of the car. When I say slams over bumps, its like the car bottoms out and throws your butt into your neck. He mounted the springs on the struts, but I made sure the strut mounts were in the correct orientation when reinstalled on the car.

Just trying to get some ideas of what might be wrong. Spring not aligned in strut correctly? I know it needs to be addressed, but what should I look for? Thanks in advance.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I would double-check the work. For the right front being 1/2" off, there's something wrong. Also, make sure the ground is perfectly level while measuring FTG.

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
Update. Measured right height at each corner in the shop on level floor and it actually is pretty even. I had someone ride in the passenger seat while driving and it feels like the R/F just doesnt compress over bumps.

Put the car in the air today to check it out. Spring seated in strut at bottom and strut mount facing the correct way. Compared to drivers side - same. Removed assembly, took off spring and make sure strut compresses and releases ok. Reassembled and made sure again spring is seated properly and strut mount in the correct orientation. Redrove and still the same thing. Disconnected front sway bar links - still happening. I'm thinking next I will swap strut/spring assemblies side to side and see what happens.

Cliff notes: It literally feels like the R/F suspension just doesnt compress over bumps. The only changes are deadset subframe collars, APR front sway bar, and DG springs. Sway bar is on the middle setting. Alignment all came out within specs.

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
The strut isn't leaking and when the piston is pushed in it goes nice and firm and then comes back out slowly. The car only has 25,000 miles on it. Usually with a blown strut the piston will just fall down into the body and not come back out. I'm also wondering is there something that could have become bound up when the subframe was lowered to do the sway bar and collars?

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
So, I haven't had a chance to swap struts yet.

I did change the sway bar to the stiffest setting, bringing it up from the lower control arm a bit more. The issue is significantly better. I am thinking a set of shorter front end links will solve the issue, anyone agree before I drop some more coin? I forgot to mention, the DG springs I installed are used and so they have already "settled."