GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 Golf TDI 4dr daily driver build

chad13761

Ready to race!
Just a random thought...I didn't see that you applied any damping on the rear doors (maybe you just didn't post pics?). Since you're not using the rear speakers, I don't know that it would be any huge benefit. But then again, it looks like your are after that last 0.005% of perfection.

To add even more work to your project, I wonder if removing the stock rear speakers and installing a ridgid "blanking" plate across the opening would help keep sound from being transmitted through the dead cone.

Last edited:

quality_sound

hmm.......
Just a random thought...I didn't see that you applied any damping on the rear doors. Since you're not using the rear speakers, I don't know that it would be any huge benefit. But then again, it looks like your after that last 0.005% of perfection.

To add even more work to your project, I wonder if removing the stock rear speakers and installing a ridgid "blanking" plate across the opening would help keep sound from being transmitted through the dead cone.

I haven't done the rear doors yet. It's definitely on my to-do list but I'm trying to get the car done for a competition on the 8th so it might have to wait. I'm going to leave the rear speakers connected to the radio for movies and for when I have rear passengers. The Alpine 535 can turn the rear speakers on and off. :D

chad13761

Ready to race!
I was thinking of having an option for running my rear speakers too - so my kids can listen better when they ride. But then I realized they hate my music and usually listen to their own garbage on headphones - so 'f-em!:laugh:

GreezyChef

Ready to race!
so just leave rear components running off the deck and bridge my five channel to 150x2 @4ohm and get a great set of components for the front. mines a 2 door btw.

this is what i did in my truck. my rear door speakers are some kicker crap coaxials but my front are the rockford power t3's im running with a t400x2. it works out fine there and everyone that rides in it loves my system, im way more sq than spl.

thanks for the responses.

quality_sound

hmm.......
I was thinking of having an option for running my rear speakers too - so my kids can listen better when they ride. But then I realized they hate my music and usually listen to their own garbage on headphones - so 'f-em!:laugh:

Mine too so it's strictly for movies. ;-)

so just leave rear components running off the deck and bridge my five channel to 150x2 @4ohm and get a great set of components for the front. mines a 2 door btw.

this is what i did in my truck. my rear door speakers are some kicker crap coaxials but my front are the rockford power t3's im running with a t400x2. it works out fine there and everyone that rides in it loves my system, im way more sq than spl.

thanks for the responses.

Where in east Texas are you? There's an IASCA show on 8 June in College Station I'll be at. You wanna hear REAL SQ, swing by. We'll change your mind on what SQ is. ;)

GreezyChef

Ready to race!
yeah dude most of the equipment you ve used in this install i ve never even heard of before..lol. where im from you either run rockford for spl or jl audio for sq.lol country folks man, we dont know about all that fancy shit!!!

quality_sound

hmm.......
Some of the stuff is fairly new in the country (mosconi, StP, and illusion, though illusion had been in the us before), some had its reputation ruined after the company was sold (MB Quart), and some is made by a small company (Arc) so its understandable.

That's one if the great things about forums. Exposure to products you might never see otherwise. It's good stuff, man.

quality_sound

hmm.......
You don't need 2 Ohm components. At all.

I had some of the original Oz 300Ls in the car too. Great sub. Best sub I've had in the car so far was a JBL W12GTI. Only problem is it's friggin HUGE.

GreezyChef

Ready to race!
You don't need 2 Ohm components. At all.

I had some of the original Oz 300Ls in the car too. Great sub. Best sub I've had in the car so far was a JBL W12GTI. Only problem is it's friggin HUGE.

my amp is rated at 75x4 @ 2ohms. so i was looking at getting the jbl power components rated at 90 watts rms 2 ohms.

only rated 50x4 at 4ohms.

im curious about the nvx x series woofers. supposed to be good sq woofers and they are made for very small enclosures. like insanely small.

quality_sound

hmm.......
The difference between 50 and 75 watts is 1.5dB under ideal conditions. You won't hear it during normal use so no sense in worrying about it.

The JBL components are actually very good for the price and I would highly recommend you deaden your door. They resonate like crazy.

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Attempting to disassemble tonight, did you use any guide or just go slow. toyotas were so much easier.

quality_sound

hmm.......
A mosconi dealer. You won't find it on the web. You can find a local dealer on their website or contact ORCA of America.