GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have any issues with these Paddle shifters?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Don't get me wrong, the S2T paddles are nice but being 100% CNC machined isn't an advantage. One reason we use a plastic wheel interface is it allows us to keep the overall profile low and maximize the clearance between the paddle and stalks. To CNC machine the same design would be prohibitively and unnecessarily expensive. Aluminum is of course stronger but since the OE part the paddle connects to is also plastic the extra strength isn't beneficial.

I really enjoy my S2T paddles. would love to do a comparison of the two

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I never really use my paddle shifters, i usually just use the shift knob.
What do you guys find lacking about the oem paddle shifters? They feel very nice and sturdy to me. How are the aftermarket ones better?

Turn8

Ready to race!
^^^^
Size and appearance.

The larger sized paddle shifters make it much easier to locate the paddle shifters in quick-transitions.

In addition, they also make shifting easier on the highway when your hands are placed low on the steering wheel. And, I know this may sound ridiculous but, they work great shifting during slow turns and while navigating parking lots. ;)

Appearance is obviously subjective but...I think the aftermarket options are much better than the OEM and we've already learned that I'm a materials whore. :)

Mike

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed. These are EXCELLENT if you do your own shifting on the road course, much better than the small oem paddles.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I never really use my paddle shifters, i usually just use the shift knob.
What do you guys find lacking about the oem paddle shifters? They feel very nice and sturdy to me. How are the aftermarket ones better?