GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Purchasing Used MKVI

Tehdoood

Congrats on your purchase, but why are you going to post pics of your MK6 on the MK7 forums? Also Wolfsburg Editions are not fully loaded and don't come with HID headlights. Sounds like you got a Drivers Edition.

Well VIN Decoder says Wolfsburg Pzev trim but I think you are right with it being a Drivers Edition. So I do have Leather Seats/Navigation (RNS315 Radio) Moon-Sun roof/bi-xenon HID/Steering wheel controls/Monster Mats

Confused about my rims however. The Drivers Editions I've seen come with the silver spoke wheels, while mine are the black/silver spoke wheels. Was that an additional option that the previous owner added?

I was under the impression that the Wolfsburg was higher trim than Drivers Edition but apparently thats not true? From what I've found it looks like Wolfsburg Edition didn't come with much of anything in 2014 but the Drivers Edition did come with everything I have. I certainly wont complain about getting a higher trim level for less money!

Last edited:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I looked at doing the SC route for the Si but I don't have 5 grand laying around to spend on a toy like that. I had a stage 2 STI on E85 and while it was a ton of fun it was also expensive to maintain and keep up on. The GTI has plenty of power for me while still maintaining the fuel economy and comfort that I wanted.

Part of what I didn't like about the Si was having to wind it out to redline to get it moving and I discovered I'm not a fan of the honda exhaust note. Adding to that, at 30 it made me feel like a boy racer which just isn't my thing and having kids trying to race me in their hondas wasn't the kind of attention I wanted either. Lastly, I'm 6'1 and my head had less than a quarter of an inch clearance with the roof with the seat all the way down.

So all in all I really like the styling, refinement and turbo on the GTI. I can get up to speed easily without having to wind out the engine and yet I can bury the pedal if I want a quick thrill. It's plenty for me and I'm quite happy with it. It's a good compromise between performance and fuel economy. Oh and did I mention that I'm saving $500 a year on insurance vs the Si with the same exact coverage?

Yeah, insurance sucked when I owned Honda vehicles. In 2007, with a 2006 Mustang GT and a 1997 Civic EX, for liability only, my civic insurance was $200 less per year than the Mustang that had full coverage. IDK what it is, but insurance companies put the screws to Honda owners, full coverage or not.

I only kept the civic back then because I traveled a lot for my job and would get 36 MPG on the highway. I actually made money on my travel reimbursement! After my work situation changed, I sold it.

Also, I was just ribbing you about the condolences part. At least you like what you purchased!

Tehdoood

Yeah, insurance sucked when I owned Honda vehicles. In 2007, with a 2006 Mustang GT and a 1997 Civic EX, for liability only, my civic insurance was $200 less per year than the Mustang that had full coverage. IDK what it is, but insurance companies put the screws to Honda owners, full coverage or not.

I only kept the civic back then because I traveled a lot for my job and would get 36 MPG on the highway. I actually made money on my travel reimbursement! After my work situation changed, I sold it.

Also, I was just ribbing you about the condolences part. At least you like what you purchased!

Yea when I was speaking with an independent insurance broker she said that the engine is considered high performance and then also reminded me that civics and Honda's in general are one of the most stolen vehicles on the market.

Yea I'm pretty damn happy with the GTI.