GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs golf 1.4 tsi

Mathshuda

Hey guys im looking to buy used golf there're several question that i need to know to help me choose between the gti and 1.4 tsi.

1. I believe that the gti is a turbocharge engine, what about the 1.4 tsi? Does it has the same turbo the gtis has? If it does can i upgrade the turbo for even bigger power?
2.i saw several guys remap their 1.4 tsi and it can match the gti 200 hp does it makes any different?
3. Does the 1.4 tsi transmission also dsg or same cheap automatic gearbox? If thata the case does the dsg in 1.4 as reliable as the dsg in gti?

Im asking this question because in my country golf does cost alot and the gti coss twice the 1.4 tsi. Iwant to know if the price i pay is worth the gti or if i buy the 1.4 tsi and go with apr performance tuning (they claim 200hp buy reflashing the ecu) and few other mod something like intake or exhaust or even bigger turbo (if thats the case) can it be as fun to drive as the gti?
Or maybe if you have something to recommend really appreciate that :) im also think taking the mk 5 but its already too old and i heard fsi engine not as reliable as tsi engine (correct me if im wrong) thanks!