GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"20mph speed exceeded" Message

jball12

Ready to race!
Hey All,

Just picked up my first VW (lifelong Honda guy up until now) on Saturday. 2011 with Autobahn package and I'm in love with it. Everything I read about this car is true so far and I couldn't be happier.

The one thing that annoys me is a "20 mph speed exceeded" message that pops up on the speedo display every time I go over 20. Not only that, but it makes a stupid ding noise too. It clears away when I hit the OK button on the steering wheel, but I'm getting pretty tired of it already.

Tried searching for it, but it's an odd thing to search for and I haven't had any luck.

I'm hoping this is an easy thing to turn off or adjust. The manual's at home, so if it's in there, just let me know and I'll find it, but I figured I'd see if there's a quick fix out there.

Thanks!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
You might have just set the speed warning at 20mph by accident. Go through you MFD menu, get the one that says speed warning and hit whatever button on the MFSW that is usually used to confirm a setting/selection. And that should reset it. I have a base car so I am using my stalk control for all the MFD functions...

Randum

Go Kart Champion
You might have just set the speed warning at 20mph by accident. Go through you MFD menu, get the one that says speed warning and hit whatever button on the MFSW that is usually used to confirm a setting/selection. And that should reset it. I have a base car so I am using my stalk control for all the MFD functions...

Yep. Just go in there and change it. Usually set mine to 130mph and it only goes off a couple times a day then. Just kidding, you can turn it off completely.

I turn it on occasionally if I'm on the highway for a long time, cause its hard NOT to speed in this car...

jball12

Ready to race!
Awesome, thanks guys. I have a feeling that this menu is the one that the car won't let me look at while driving. When I leave the office, I'll page through the menus before I hit the road. Glad it's something easy!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, thanks guys. I have a feeling that this menu is the one that the car won't let me look at while driving. When I leave the office, I'll page through the menus before I hit the road. Glad it's something easy!

Yes, small bit of info, you have to do it while NOT moving. Its pretty easy to figure out.

That would drive me NUTS!

e-dub1

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure the speed warning setting is not in the convenience menu that you can only access while stationary, but in the section that shows you range/mpg/trip distance/trip duration/avg speed (when you hit one of those, scroll up or down). To set or cancel a speed warning, press (or maybe hold) OK on the steering. Would make little sense if the speed warning could only be set when the car isn't moving.

jball12

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure the speed warning setting is not in the convenience menu that you can only access while stationary, but in the section that shows you range/mpg/trip distance/trip duration/avg speed (when you hit one of those, scroll up or down). To set or cancel a speed warning, press (or maybe hold) OK on the steering. Would make little sense if the speed warning could only be set when the car isn't moving.
You're right and I figured that out when I started messing with it yesterday afternoon.

Thanks!