GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY oil change from hell

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I dont get it for free and its $250 through the VW dealer

I hear ya, that sucks, sorry for your trouble with DIY change, i too have had days like that in fact today came close.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
VW filter for $18 today . Checked the oil level lil low. everything was going great .....
Till I dropped the oil can.. i have a brick driveway.. This is going to suck.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
VW filter for $18 today . Checked the oil level lil low. everything was going great .....
Till I dropped the oil can.. i have a brick driveway.. This is going to suck.

Sweet thanks dude.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
How in the name of GOD can an oil change cost $250??
It doesn't. I think they are saying if you have the service plan £250 you get 3 years servicing which is basically an oil change each service. ;)

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
It doesn't. I think they are saying if you have the service plan £250 you get 3 years servicing which is basically an oil change each service. ;)

I was quoted The oil change was 150 pounds with the exchange ratio...
Just the oil alone like I said for Castrol is $120 something with the exchange ratio.
I wasnt offered the 250 pound service because i bought it through military sales . Which isnt that good of a deal compared to Volvo or BMW

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
I was quoted The oil change was 150 pounds with the exchange ratio...
Just the oil alone like I said for Castrol is $120 something with the exchange ratio.
I wasnt offered the 250 pound service because i bought it through military sales . Which isnt that good of a deal compared to Volvo or BMW
It shouldn't matter how you bought your car its VW that offer this service plan with any new vehicle.

I know the service price is £150 I enquired before I ordered mine so really the £250 for 3 years is a good deal while its under warranty.

If you're living the UK how come you're quoting US oil prices?

5W30 Oils ;)