GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$200 for map update in August... who's in?

Will you be paying $200 to update your Nav maps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ick

Ready to race!
I updated mine already earlier this year. I will say that $200 bucks for an update is ridiculously high though. Don't think I'll be doing it again unless the price comes down.

btufail

Ready to race!
I updated mine already earlier this year. I will say that $200 bucks for an update is ridiculously high though. Don't think I'll be doing it again unless the price comes down.
Is there a way to get these maps cheaper or does it have to be through VW? Can the SD card be used more than once?;)

Uberryan

Banned
Is there a way to get these maps cheaper or does it have to be through VW? Can the SD card be used more than once?;)

I did my homework on this one.

They come on one time use only SD cards, that windows based PCs cannot read. Actually the drive won't even mount to clone the contents. Currently several "free nav maps" enthusiasts are trying to find ways to copy and use but to no avail. They desperately tried to make this update clone proof.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
These map updates are so stupid. They often do really little to benefit the person buying it. They'll usually add some stupid POI or redo part of a road. IMHO just stay with the map version you have and use a smartphone for any potential detours. I rarely use my rns315. I've had the car since April and I've only used the Map/Nav function twice.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I use the nav system pretty frequently on my GTI, but won't be updating. The maps currently loaded in my 2011 are fairly up-to-date, so no need for an update yet. Maybe next year.

btufail

Ready to race!
I use the nav system pretty frequently on my GTI, but won't be updating. The maps currently loaded in my 2011 are fairly up-to-date, so no need for an update yet. Maybe next year.
I'll wait next year too and re-evaluate. $200 for a map update is kind of steep considering you can buy a brand new portable one with lifetime updates for around $140.