GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth module

pvivino

Ready to race!
Apparently the 9W7 bluetooth module that will be the standard bluetooth module in 2011 is now available. VW part# 7P6 035 730 C

This has the audio streaming of 9W2 and the phonebook, voice dialing features of 9W3.

I am about to order one. I see it at ECS. I cannot find it yet at Keffer but Mr Timewise in this thread got is there:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6286&page=2

woofie2

Ready to race!
How much and are we sure it will work with our gen head units?

I am very interested.

Kevin:word:

it will it's a PNP Swap for the 9W2, without the modifications the 9W3 needs to the foam holder.
some of the overhead buttons work, but the LED does not, (I found it annoying anyway)

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
9W7

Just got my 9W7 module in today :w00t: will be installing it tomorrow after work... by by 9W2 :D

pvivino

Ready to race!
Just got my 9W7 module in today :w00t: will be installing it tomorrow after work... by by 9W2 :D

Let us know how it goes. Can you just confirm the ease of installation and functionality that Mr Timewise has stated? (It does everything that 9w2 AND 9w3 does and all buttons work except overhead LED light.)

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
9W7 Installed

Well let me first start off by saying that was the easiest install I have ever done, aprox 5 min from start to finish and the only coding I did was enable the push to talk (PTT) feature in vagcam :w00t: If anyone is thinking of doing this I would highly reccomend it, it's loaded with cool features and imo very functional. As it has be mentioned in other forums the LED light in the overhead console does not acctivate, and i'm sure that once the 2011's are out it'll be just a mater of time to get the correct coding to re-activate the LED providing it's on the new models. It tells you in the cluster and the radio ( I have the RNSS-510 ) that it is connected to your phone. It shows you ( at least in my case ) the battery life of the phone, the bluetooth icon, a small icon for the Iphone, the cell phone carrier and the device name in the MFD, going further into the menu you can access your phonebook, re-name your device, access your playlists etc. On to the pics :)

side by side comparison

Old 9W2 module

New 9W7 module

Last edited:

krische

vdubber in training
does anyone know how much data you get on an rcd-510?

I would like to know this as well. From my understanding, the RCD-510 and RNS-510 are very similar. So I would hope the bluetooth would be the same.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Partsman - what's the price on the upgrade unit?

You can get it from VW for $635.00 cad, ECS wants $592 usd after it's said and done with the exchange it's the same price.

woofie2

Ready to race!
You can get it from VW for $635.00 cad, ECS wants $592 usd after it's said and done with the exchange it's the same price.

this dude wants $350 each for the modules($365 to Canada)-
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Module-intro-price-of-350-on-pre-order-basis
(I ordered one, we shall see how good of a seller he is)

Except the RCD doesn't have a phone button, which makes me wonder how are we going to access those options
Simple answer-
Euro RCD-510 does access and provide touchscreen dialing, North American RCD-510 does not.

Last edited:

kimsballs

Ready to race!
I'm willing to bet for the RCD you access the phone through the MFI not the radio. That's how the 9W3 works, and if I understand 9W7 it's just 9W3+9W2. SO no dialing actual numbers, but who does that nowadays anyway. You press phone, and the menu comes up Phone Book - Recent Calls - Missed Calls and then you navigate using steering wheel controls.