GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slight warmth from air vents - AC off, no heat on

MrTocs

Ready to race!
Is it normal to always have a little heat from your air vents even if it's 57 degrees out and you have you heat selector to cold and the AC is off?

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
If your not on recirculation mode It will usually blow whatever temp it is outside through the vents. The flow depends on your speed. Is it hot air or just whatver it feels outside maybe tad warmer? Sounds normal to me

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
That warm heat that you feel is a little touch of Gods breath coming through the vents.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
You will also get residual engine heat from those vents when they are off. Just hit the recirc button and feel better about life. Or crack a window!

KO7

Ready to race!
The most annoying aspect of it for me is that I need to continually defrost the windshield with AC due to the hot air from the engine venting into the cabin.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The most annoying aspect of it for me is that I need to continually defrost the windshield with AC due to the hot air from the engine venting into the cabin.

I guess i just dont live where its cold enough to have these problems... speaking of temp its a nice chilly 67 degrees.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
open your sunroof..even more air will come through. i like it.. set control to hot on a cold day ( but not on) and open your sunroof. love it.

MrTocs

Ready to race!
It's not on re-circ. And its annoying flying down the freeway at 65 mph and the temp outside is 57F and yet the air is warm. Not hot warm but like hey... this air is coming from outside but feels like it 68F-70F when it's 57F outside.

I need to run the AC nearly all the time. While I don't feel it slowing the car down I don't notice a difference in MPG when I'm not using it.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I get this too. I just think the hot engine bay warms up incoming outside air. :iono:

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!

I have the same issue all the time. I either have to use the ac (which If I select full defrost mode it automatically kicks on anyway) or put the heat on even more to outmatch the moisture causing the windshield fog.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk