GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shoot-Out: VW Golf R vs SEAT Leon Cupra R

wildcars

Ready to race!
I also can't view it, something about my country...

wildcars

Ready to race!
thanks for the link bubuski

P

plac

2nd link works, thanks

hell i would take the Seat Cupra myself. $5k is a lot and I prefer the look.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Couldn't open both links:(
I've driven the Cupra R some 4-5 times; it's an amazing car ....great compromize if you don't have the cash for the R since both cars got the same engine (although slightly different versions).

Pros:
- Performance is pretty good (on straight 500m runs we beat manual 350Zs by 1-2 cars)
- Some nice touches inside, full bucket seats, speedo and Odo needles
- Best value for money on the market (it actually destroys MK6 GTI and sells for the same price)
- Feels very special and limited edition

Cons:
- Built and quality, road insulation etc... is a bit lower than VW and Lots of cheap hard plastics inside
- FWD (loooots of wheelspin, and with 261bhp/350Nm on front wheels XDS is a joke and does not improve understeer:mad0259: at all)
- Some crucial stuff not even available as an option (DSG, ACC, 18'' instead of the 19'')

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Probably viewable only from England or the UK. Here is another link.
I wondered about that?

Thanks for the link bubuski. They both work for me. ;)

falconeight1

Ready to race!
Volkswagen need to get the power to the rear wheels faster in their all wheel drive cars. That is one of the problems I have with dishing out the extra money for a R it is essentially front wheel drive until the computer gives the back wheels some power. 4motion is great but needs to be rear biased in a sports car.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Completely agreed, its commonsense, but this proves that commonsense is not all that common.

I'm pretty sure Common and Sense are two words and that seems to be very common.

TDI110

O_o
nice video, sometimes Fifth Gear can be watchable (top gear is too Super car biased). I'd still take the R over the Cupra R. Although Leon's are not that bad at all; just their interiors are a little bland and quality still is a tad sub-par as noted above.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Well a friend at work has a 2005 Leon 1.9 TDI (150PS). When I had mine we were talking about features. Has it got cruise control, parking wing mirrors? No you have to buy them as an option. Well they are a standard feature on a Leon.

His fuel con is far better than mine 62mpg and he doesn't hang around. Mine is 43mpg. ;)

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Finally got the link worked:)

Has anyone noticed that these aren't golf R needles/ interior????:confused: