GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 without HPFP

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
If u run stage 2 with no HPFP , you'll lose top end power with fuel cuts. I did stage 2 for a few weeks until I put in HPFP and u do notice it at higher RPMS. But being 17, speed is dangerous man. Don't do stupid things in front of your friends. thats how you get into shitty situations quick. youtube dumb kids showing off. u'll see tons of it. Don't be one of them :)

wbean

attention whore
i'm going to make a statement here, I got a gti when i was 17, benz at 18, m3 at 21 and golf r at 22. I've worked for 6 years and paid for most of my shit.

doesn't matter if he's 17 or not .. maybe he's loved cars since he was 5 and started karting school at 10 years old. god some F1 drivers were circuit racers before they have their road license.

He might be that guy in front of u at every track day or SCAA event ;)

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
He's too busy taking your advice and enjoying his Stage 2+ R :thumbsup:

dallen13

Ready to race!
It's easy to afford a car when you have no mortgage or real bills to pay for. I bought my mk4 r32 new when I was 20. I made 1200 a month and was a student so $500 a month car payment was no biggie. 10 years later on my second home, 3 kids, multiple cars and bikes I would never want a car payment that high again.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
It's easy to afford a car when you have no mortgage or real bills to pay for. I bought my mk4 r32 new when I was 20. I made 1200 a month and was a student so $500 a month car payment was no biggie. 10 years later on my second home, 3 kids, multiple cars and bikes I would never want a car payment that high again.

Been there, done that.

Way back when..... before most of the people here were born.... I was 17 and had a brand new 1988 Mustang GT Convertible. Payment was $309/mo and insurance was $360ish/mo.

I paid for it all myself with my "part time" job. All that and I still had beer money, but not much else. Still was able to scrape together money for mods, but it was slow at the start.

My friends and I had some awesome times in that car but I used to get the "did your dad buy that car for you?" all the time.

dallen13

Ready to race!
Been there, done that.

Way back when..... before most of the people here were born.... I was 17 and had a brand new 1988 Mustang GT Convertible. Payment was $309/mo and insurance was $360ish/mo.

I paid for it all myself with my "part time" job. All that and I still had beer money, but not much else. Still was able to scrape together money for mods, but it was slow at the start.

My friends and I had some awesome times in that car but I used to get the "did your dad buy that car for you?" all the time.

Lol my insurance was around the same a month. But I had no other real financial commitments so why not?

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
so .. the OP isn't going to comment at all?

Yeah sorry about that. I've been busy with school and what not. Thank you for your advice and standing up for me. Much appreciated.

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
my advice: do it once and do it right.

1) HPFP $329 shipped
2) SPM track downpipe $450 (estimated) shipped
3) installation (under $200 for both items)
4) APR Stage 2+ tune $599 on sale

you are now 360 hp and 370 ft lbs. $1579 / 104 hp gains = $15.20 per horsepower.

So ... what are you waiting for? If you don't get HPFP, you're saving $380 including install ... and u get 335 hp ... $1250 / 80 hp = $15.65 per horsepower.

it's less bang for the buck if you think of it that way.

OP being on your side, i was 17 when i got my mk5 GTI and i went balls out on it with every penny I worked. I'm now 23 and i have my mk6 Golf R. I know how it feels to be strapped on budget so trust me when it comes to best bang for the buck modding.

having said that i am a big believer of do it once and do it right.

Although 360hp and 370 lb/ft sounds really nice, I was also highly considering running w/m injection which is another couple hundred in itself for a good set up. Plus, I have an alk just sitting in my room waiting to be installed and can't do it myself, so another $150 there. But I'll definitely get the SPM dp cause I've heard GREAT things about SPM, and I'll get that stage 2 asap. As for everything else, we'll see how they play out.

dallen13

Ready to race!
Yeah sorry about that. I've been busy with school and what not. Thank you for your advice and standing up for me. Much appreciated.

OP had detention :)