GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

ce4

Ready to race!
Washing mine and the misses this weekend

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
Hey JayJay, what did you use to get that bronze? I was messing around with dip all weekend but could not find the right color combination.

I was using:
-black > Copper Metalizer
-Black > Titanium > Copper Metalizer (made it look pink/peach)
-Camo Brown > Copper (way to coppery)
-Camo Brown > Titanium (meh)

I did 4 coats of black, 2 coats of copper metalizer(I sprayed lightly with copper as i wanted a darker tone) and 1-2 coats of gloss.....i say use a black base and do 1 coat of copper at a time until you get to the color/shade you want and top it off with the gloss to give it a little shine unless you want the matte finish

Renck

Ready to race!

Thanks! I imagine some lighting and stereo stuff. Would like to keep it relatively stock looking (so no body kits, or new wheels or anything). Open to suggestions! :)

Gotcha! 3 changes I made to my car at the exterior are: Euro tail lights, side marker lights (from orange to dark), mud flaps and front bumper spoiler (euro lip).

Suggestions? Well, it just depends on how much do you want to spend on them. This is what I did to my car so far in addition of the items mentioned above:

Euro switch with auto and yellow wire for parking light function
Hella horns
Go Fast Bits (GFB) DV +
R8 ignition coils and spark plugs
Cold air intake
Stage 1 tune *
Downpipe
Intercooler
Catback
Stage 2 tune
Turbo muffler delete
Turbo outlet pipe
Throttle pipe

* A bunch available in the market, but one that can easily return part of your investment is the Cobb Access Port

You can look at the classified section for several of these items and if you are patience you can find few at really good prices. Your call on DIY projects or to take your car to a shop to perform the installation.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Thanks! I imagine some lighting and stereo stuff. Would like to keep it relatively stock looking (so no body kits, or new wheels or anything). Open to suggestions! :)

i'd say go with your own tastes but checking out other members build journals is a good place to browse for ideas.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hello all! I am a first time VW owner, and loving my new (to me) '14 GTI! It's a base model, but it's the driving characteristics that sold me on this car. Here she is, currently stock:

U can spend upwards of $5k on these cars and still have it look oem. Lol. OEM+ is popular here. It's where people generally want stage 1 to ko4 but still look stock like a sleeper. Check my build thread in my signature I got the lighting examples u might like with links where to buy. I also got a bunch of other mods listed should they interest u.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
New to the Forum

Just picked her up three days ago second hand off a friend.
I will post my own thread for the build soon.

Car was purchased as is :thumbup:

Last edited:

alpha3

Go Kart Champion

Looks nice and clean! Congrats, I'm sure you'll love her!

zrickety

The Fixer

Looks great...I bought mine in a similar way.
Someone mentioned touch up paint awhile back, my local NAPA guy mixed up some CSG but it came out a lighter shade than the car. I just bought a spray can and clear coat from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/ the reviews are good, I'll post up when it's done.

ce4

Ready to race!

Finally got the wheels Plasti Dipped, went gloss black to not match our PGM tiguan with matte black wheels

lolagti

Nice ride. Got my baby in June. Just before my birthday. I live in Atlanta but traveled to South Carolina to get her. Haven't started nodding yet but whoever had her first did a really good job.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk