GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2187 and P2279 codes

Roctre

Ready to race!
So lean idle code and intake system leak code. I drove the car to see if I had any misfires or loss of power and well nada she runs like always pulling hard to redline and my car also ides nice and smooth at the normal idle point. I'm not sure what it could be at this point, maybe a bad pcv valve. Any help would be awesome.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Have you taken a look at the intake system? I had similar codes and party of the problem was holes on the underside of my rubber intake connector.

wahwah

I believe I had the same codes earlier this year and I was able to fix it by cleaning the air filter a day completely removing the MAF sensor, cleaning it with isopropyl, and drying it in rice. My root issue was the K&N filter oil was seep through the filter no matter how little I applied and would contaminate the MAF. Hope this helps

Roctre

Ready to race!
Didn't get any notifications but I found the problem. The diaphragm on top of the PCV is torn and sucking air in through the little breather hole. Going to just replace that part instead of the whole PCV valve.