GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed p flo intake vs carbonio

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
just wondering the difference of the gains for each... i kno apr has all the dynos and charts and it says it gives "14hp" and yada yada.... i was wondering if anyone has dyno/charts for the neuspeed pflo....there is no info on the website saying the hp/trq etc etc. (obivously the carbonio will produce more power, because cold air is coming in)

i just wanna know the numbers. haha

personally i got the neuspeed :thumbsup:

jaja123

Ready to race!
just wondering the difference of the gains for each... i kno apr has all the dynos and charts and it says it gives "14hp" and yada yada.... i was wondering if anyone has dyno/charts for the neuspeed pflo....there is no info on the website saying the hp/trq etc etc. (obivously the carbonio will produce more power, because cold air is coming in)

Not sure about the neuspeed but I saw a dyno chart for the carbonio and 14hp was only the max hp on one run. Average gains were 9-10hp on several runs.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
eeeh, they're all the same. of course now that I said that apr or someone will chime in. I had the apr one and went back to stock

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
They aren't all the same, the Carbonio is a true CAI where the pFlo is not. I have a Carbonio and am happy with it. Any intake on the 2.5 is going to be an improvement over the stock "heat soak" intake.

lewylou78

Ready to race!

Here is a good article on the Neuspeed P-Flo (this is what sold me on one, not to mention the Carbonio wasn't even available when I wanted an intake):

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/proven/epcp_1007_2010_volkwagen_jetta_proven/viewall.html

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
They aren't all the same, the Carbonio is a true CAI where the pFlo is not. I have a Carbonio and am happy with it. Any intake on the 2.5 is going to be an improvement over the stock "heat soak" intake.

I second this. The Carbonio is a true CAI, while the P Flo is a short ram intake. The major difference being the temp of the air coming in.

Although both are a huge improvement over stock, I would guess the Carbonio has the better performance numbers.

Redslumber

Ready to race!
I can imagine that the carbon intake is a lot lighter with the same amount of gains. Albeit a significant amount for the 2.5s

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
i dont have a 2.5l but my GTI heatsoaked ALOT with the Neuspeed. carbonio has had a noticeable difference and seems to be much smoother power and more responsive than the neuspeed.