GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI (used) Autobahn - What is a good & great deal?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I'm looking at 2011 used GTI's w/ Autobahn from various stealerships and I am just wondering what a fair price for one would be with approximately 20k miles (I am looking at one w/ 24.5k mi and one w/ 18.5k mi).

They are listed for $24.9, offered me $1k off price right off the bat without negotiating. I feel like I have some negotiation room. Looks like it was just listed for sale last week.

What would a great and good price be for this car?

2011, 18.5k mi, autobahn, dsg, nav, CW, not CPO.

Jahaziel

I would get a CPO since you get extended warrenty. I have seen a 2012 I Believe for 23k Autobahn. Try to get it for 22k in my opinion. The lower the better right? lol

hvltg

Ready to race!
got my 2011 CW 4door DSG Autobahn with 22k for 22,999$ if that helps..

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
That car with $1k off the list price of $24.9k would put it at $23.9k, and I'd say that is a pretty good price.

I paid $26k for my 2011 DSG Autobahn with only 11k miles and CPO back in October of last year, and that was a pretty decent price ($5k off new).

Also, I wouldn't worry about not having CPO at that price. You would be about $7k under new.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
We have CPO'd Autobahn 2011's similar to that in our agrea for $24,9-$25,9K.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I would get a CPO since you get extended warrenty. I have seen a 2012 I Believe for 23k Autobahn. Try to get it for 22k in my opinion. The lower the better right? lol
2012 autobahn for 23k, where? I think you've been eating those magical mushrooms!

got my 2011 CW 4door DSG Autobahn with 22k for 22,999$ if that helps..
When did you purchase? Is it CPO?

That car with $1k off the list price of $24.9k would put it at $23.9k, and I'd say that is a pretty good price.

I paid $26k for my 2011 DSG Autobahn with only 11k miles and CPO back in October of last year, and that was a pretty decent price ($5k off new).

Also, I wouldn't worry about not having CPO at that price. You would be about $7k under new.
Back in October, your car was newer. 2013 models are right around the corner which will make this car depreciate much more. I don't know how much these things should depreciate in a year...

We have CPO'd Autobahn 2011's similar to that in our agrea for $24,9-$25,9K.
How much can you haggle down to?

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Perhaps the 3 you believe you saw was actually an 8.

Fortunately these cars don't depreciate 9k that quickly :thumbsup:

XZT123

Ready to race!
I paid $24,500 for my 2011 DSG Autobahn with 12,XXX miles on it and felt that I got a great deal. It was also CPO which gives warranty until 5 years / 50k. I would not ignore CPO as an important thing, I believe that costs the dealer a lot of money (maybe up to 2k I dunno). How much do you think an extra 6,000 miles on the odometer affects the price? $24,000 with CPO sounds like a great deal. $24,000 without it, I dunno. Seems like you should get a CPO for $24,500 or less since that is what I paid. I think $24,000 with CPO would be a good target.

By the way, I also paid for mine without financing and without trading my car in. So that's a pretty good ideal case since what I paid is exactly what I ACTUALLY paid. There's no trade or financing to manipulate to give me a better deal than I actually got.

Last edited:

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Think I should bother writing a price via email to a dealer?

more or less a waste of time. Dealers want to get you in the dealership. You can say "22k" or "10k" and they will say "why don't you come in and take a test drive"

what dealers are you looking at? Douglas VW is AMAZING, but have a small CPO section. I hear Linden VW is also pretty good.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
IDK if its a waste of time or not. More and more people are negotiating their deals without ever stepping foot in the dealership. Probably even negotiating better deals as they're not getting swept up in the moment and letting themselves get carried away or succumb to sales pressure.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
IDK if its a waste of time or not. More and more people are negotiating their deals without ever stepping foot in the dealership. Probably even negotiating better deals as they're not getting swept up in the moment and letting themselves get carried away or succumb to sales pressure.

that could be true. I know when I was in the process of buying my car I had e-mail correspondence with a few dealerships and tried to negotiate deals like that, however in the end it was also "come into the dealership to see what we can do"

Hell, a few NJ dealerships wouldn't even post the price of their GTIs on-line =/

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
that could be true. I know when I was in the process of buying my car I had e-mail correspondence with a few dealerships and tried to negotiate deals like that, however in the end it was also "come into the dealership to see what we can do"

Hell, a few NJ dealerships wouldn't even post the price of their GTIs on-line =/
Might be different with used cars. I'm hesitant to throw out a price. I guess it can't hurt. I want to throw out $22.

I dont want to answer any questions about trading in my 04 MO.

For what it's worth, this is a great source for info:
http://www.findthebestcarprice.com

Last edited: