GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I drove and met up with DasAuto1295 and got to ride in his car. This was my first time riding in a tuned MK6, and after getting back in my car I realize that I NEED a tune. [emoji16]

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Took it out for a few pics:

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Washed my car yesterday including engine bay...

Quick question, my coolant level looks a little on the low side but no error message has come out yet. Should I top up?

22k km so far.

1st service at 4k km
2nd FULL Service at 12.5k km
3rd Service at 20k km
Planning to do my 4th FUll service around 25-27k km

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 575
  • Engine Bay Outside.jpg
    Engine Bay Outside.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 508
  • Engine Bay Inside.jpg
    Engine Bay Inside.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 589
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 555
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 572
  • Left Back.jpg
    Left Back.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 557
  • Right Back.jpg
    Right Back.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 480
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 485
  • Coolant Level.jpg
    Coolant Level.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 514

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Brought my car for service, for my DSG issue: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2009837#post2009837

Got it back a few hours later. Turns out that there's a relay that triggers the display to switch from D to whatever gear you're currently in. When I shifted into manual mode, the transmission was actually always in manual, it just didn't show the gear until I actually shifted because that's another relay. All is well with the car now.

clownish

just clowning around
Thanks!
I cant wait! I got everything but the dang brake line brackets on backorder for 2 weeks!!

When I installed mine, we created a closed loop for the brakepad wear sensor so that it didn't cause an error light, since the pads I used didn't fit with the OEM stuff. Other than that, straight bolt on with the new brackets and line fittings.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
When I installed mine, we created a closed loop for the brakepad wear sensor so that it didn't cause an error light, since the pads I used didn't fit with the OEM stuff. Other than that, straight bolt on with the new brackets and line fittings.

Ahh yes, i was wondering about the sensor. I got stoptech pads for now. Not sure if they come with sensors or how the set up even works. These are my first experience with anything more than 1 piston lol.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I drove and met up with DasAuto1295 and got to ride in his car. This was my first time riding in a tuned MK6, and after getting back in my car I realize that I NEED a tune. [emoji16]

:thumbsup: thanks again for the VCDS tweaks. Nice meeting you

my11gti

Ready to race!
APR since they have a sale, plus since its port flash I got no charge for the install. Feels awesome, pulls all the way to redline. Kind of a stock feel in that it's smooth, but a lot more oomph. Puts a big smile on my face.

Very nice! My friend has an APR stage 2 mk5 that I rode in all the time which is what prompted me to get my car. Lol. Im so ready to be stage 2, but im gonna go with DM. Just waiting for them to get flash port tuning. Congrats on the upgrade man! :thumbup:

I wash mine every 2-3 days [emoji16] I have unlimited washes at the carwash for a monthly price of course

This! Except I use the 2BM. Haha.