GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dieselgeek Short Shifter

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone,
I know there are several posts about the DG SS already, but I feel that its very praise worthy.

Initial Impressions:
Right out of the box, you notice the quality and time put into each and every component. The milling is precise and every piece fits together flawlessly. You can tell a lot of time and effort is put into these too because Jim, at Dieselgeek, applies locktight to side to side bracket and marks where the shifter aligns with the selector shaft, personally.

Installation:
DON'T make the mistake I did and follow along as you watch the video tutorial. I would highly recommend that you watch the video, which Ill post the link to, several times prior to the install so that you feel comfortable with what your doing. As long as you go into it knowing what your doing, it's a breeze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlO5Lb-Bk5o

Driving Impressions:
What a difference. The throws are short, precise, and positive. Shifting through the gears had never felt more mechanical and visceral and you feel "connected" to the gears. In combination with the SS, I cut down the shifter about 2.5-3 inches, as far as it would go. The SS coupled with the physically shorter shifter has made a world of difference. Shifting through the gears is enjoyable and rewarding now; throws are no longer vague and sloppy. I'm extremely happy and would highly recommend this product to anyone. It truly changes the feel of the car. :happyanim:

sgtmatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed, just installed mine after replacing my clutch with a southbend stage 3 daily. I love the combo and positive feel. I also shortened the shifter shaft an inch and a half. It all works flawlessly together.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
It's funny I found this topic as I've been reading into this SS specifically in the past day. Seems to have generally positive/great reviews down the board. You might of fully convinced me here. I already watched the all 4 youtube videos and feel I got the idea in my head already with just 1 viewing of each. If I do actually order it, I'll watch it a couple more times just to make sure I'm fully comfortable and go through with it. Either way I got time, this Jersey frigid temperature isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
It's funny I found this topic as I've been reading into this SS specifically in the past day. Seems to have generally positive/great reviews down the board. You might of fully convinced me here. I already watched the all 4 youtube videos and feel I got the idea in my head already with just 1 viewing of each. If I do actually order it, I'll watch it a couple more times just to make sure I'm fully comfortable and go through with it. Either way I got time, this Jersey frigid temperature isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

yeah can't go wrong. My favorite mod to date