GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To anyone that live in south Florida. Does Gunther be tune your car?

HG Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
I hears it does and you can still keep warranty

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
A dealer has no say as to whether you keep your warranty or not as the warranty is with VW and you not the dealer and you.

There are dealers that may just not try and deny your warranty work or claim based on the fact that your car is modified which is usually just the problem not an actual modification causing the issue. But the final say as to whether it is covered or not is up to VW, dealer can't make that decision.

Slow

Passed Driver's Ed
i am not 100% sure but i remeber my salesman saying that they will get you in contact with usp and they can do it

Explicit 20VGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to go to them with my 00 MK4 GTI. I had APR 93 Oct and an intake. I had a carbon build up problem due to the fact the Coil Packs were malfunctioning. There was a recall but not for my year GTI. So they said it was from me not using good enough gas. lol i guess Mobile 83 is bad. $2,300 later the manually cleaned the valves and problem was still there. They even chipped my Rim which i had to get resurfaced at there expense.
Read on the internet about similar issues, bought coil packs. Replaced them and ran perfect.

At another dealer i had my timing belt go which bent every exhaust valve... Thank god i had a warranty and only 70k miles. The belt was supposed to be good till 90k. I had no issues with the mods i had installed.

Moral of the story? Gunther could have blamed the mods on the car and denied me from the get go. They just were saying it was due bad gas and grandma style driving. lol

I think they just tried to milk me since i was young. Ive been to several dealers for issues with multiple cars. All have been chipped and haven't had any issues with non ECU related problems.