GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI power plant

07Noside

Banned
It would be a very good idea IMO to bring the twincharged 1.4l tsi motors into the us bound golfs. better mpgs good power output and its been a sound operating power plant in the EU for quite a while now. The only problem that would come to mind is the fact that the egineers and designers of the motor are a lot smarter then most US mechanics have so if problems arrise it would be quite the headache

sleepergti86

APRTuned
GTI is going to have a TSI with a similar setup as the ED30. Will be making around 230hp probably, and engine internals will be identical to current 200hp TSI motor.

07Noside

Banned
GTI is going to have a TSI with a similar setup as the ED30. Will be making around 230hp probably, and engine internals will be identical to current 200hp TSI motor.

ITs still going to be equiped with a KO3 sport or is it bumping up to a Ko4 with detuned settings? if it comes with a Ko4 and chipped can creat almost 300bhp alone I will consider the trade in immediately.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I can see the logic in VW having two GTI versions like they have done in the past.
The full fat 270PS AWD GTI-R for the people who rate performance over everything and screw the running costs.
Also a version for them who care about running costs a 211PS GTI FWD that has decent mpg and low Co2 figues of 154g/km which would meen a low tax bracket in certain markets.
Having these two versions rather than a single 230PS Ed30 engined version makes very logical sence especially in Europe were cost of fuel is in places $12 a gallon and how in ceratin parts of europe tax is calculated by the cars Co2 figure.
So having two versions does not limit your customer base.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I see no reason for them to redesign the 2.0T(TSI version) if they are going to use the 2.0T from the A4........They could save money across the board if they only made the B8 A4 2.0T with 211/258. Why make the other engine at all if it wont be used in any of their cars in the US?

The Passat, GTI, A3 and Tiguan all use the 200hp 2.0T and are now getting the new TSI thrown into them.

I guess I don't see the point of VW offering a K04 TSI 2.0T when they can just throw in the B8 A4 2.0T and have more tq, but less hp...........

Looks like we get to do this for a few more months until some REAL info comes.

GTI2007

At this moment the engines for the regular Golf according to the German VW site are:

1.4 80 HP with 5 speed manual
1.6 102 HP with 5 speed manual or 7 speed DSG
2.0 TDI 110 HP with 5 speed manual or 6 speed DSG
1.4 TSI 122 HP with 6 speed manual or 7 speed DSG
2.0 TDI 140 HP with 6 speed manual (also available in 4-motion) or 6 speed DSG
1.4 TSI 160 HP with 6 speed manual or 7 speed DSG

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
And later to come.
1.2 TSI 86hp to replace 1.4 80hp
1.2 TSI 105hp to replace 1.6 102hp (there will also be a bluemotion version of this 1.2TSI engine)
1.6 TDI CR 90hp and 105hp to replace 2.0 TDI 110 CR