GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LargeMarge's GTI

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
here are some pics of my 034 Mounts, the install was fun, everything went smoothly (thank goodness).

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 220
  • FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 227

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
rattle-gate 2015! dynamatted my doors this weekend, really happy with the results, planning on doing my hatch and floor next! (did my doors and my door panels, all squeaks and rattles are completely gone).

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
rattle-gate 2015! dynamatted my doors this weekend, really happy with the results, planning on doing my hatch and floor next! (did my doors and my door panels, all squeaks and rattles are completely gone).

View attachment 49830

I've been wanting to do this!

How was install? Seems fairly simple.

Where did you get the material? Is there any noticeable added weight?

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@CarniifeX
yeah, it was pretty easy, I just covered all the metal areas on the door and un-insulated areas on the door panel. whoever designed the quick release door opener cable attachment should get a pat on the back. it's genius. you just pull this little clip back a little and the whole thing comes right off, and it goes back in just as easy. I've had a lot of door panels off cars and always break / lose something along the way. not here though.
I bought 9 sheets of the stuff on amazon for $150. I know there are cheaper alternatives for a bit less but I've been eliminating rattles with this stuff for years and I feel like its completely worth the cost.
all 9 sheets together probably weigh about 15lbs and I only used 1 sheet per door, i'll probably use another 2 sheets for the hatch and trunk. I don't think the weight is going to have any effect on it whatsoever, it's not like I'm adding a heavy sound system or anything else. and I'm always dumping more horsepower into it. the doors feel a lot like my old E46 330 doors now, not quite as heavy as an ///M3, but very solid.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Okay, cool. So a sheet per door would work then? I'm gonna buy some and give it a shot on the four doors.

If you're looking to eliminate road noise, I've heard some people use it inside their Fenders to replace the liner. Have you considered something like this?

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
the headliner sagged after 10 years in the desert. I removed it, sent it to a local upholstery shop, dynamatted the roof and re-installed. it's just basic black but it freshened up the interior a lot.
the job was a bit of a pain the ass. the screws under the airbag tabs are in there deep and required me to tape them to the screwdriver to re-install. and I would recommend installing the sun visor holder clips before the headliner is put back in the car for future tacklers of this project.

IMG_3739.JPG