GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Yeah, dude was good. I don’t know what the deal is. He got back to me pretty promptly.

Brown problems. We’ll try contacting them again Monday, give an extra day for email response. But finally got one to answer and they’re coming over for an estimate.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Kid is finished with the clinic so now it’s time to hit the road. If the family falls asleep I’m not stopping till we get home. One benefit of the Touareg TDI, it’s range will out last your bladder.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Not sure what I'm getting for lunch. Starving though

I did bad chinese. Not all that tasty but cheap and filling. Later: nap.

Kid is finished with the clinic so now it’s time to hit the road. If the family falls asleep I’m not stopping till we get home. One benefit of the Touareg TDI, it’s range will out last your bladder.

Ya I kinda look forward to the day I get to roadtrip in my TDI as well. Tho only if I'm by myself. I'm sure wife and child won't make 700+ miles without stopping.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
They are perfect for road trips and the 30 MPG+ at 70-75 MPH is always nice as well.

Jaber

Modero
Had a homemade frozen burrito.

Oh snaps. Love me some burritos, but hard to find a place that makes good burritos.

I had CFA nugz with some BBQ sauce and a cookie. LAWD, cookie was falling apart, so good. While I was waiting in the drive thru, a wasp decided to land inside my windshield :lol: Not going to lie, I did think about putting it in park and running. But decided to open all the windows and hope for the best. Luckily, that worked.

My wife constantly bugs me to move around to avoid DVT, when we're on road trips. Usually have to make a pit stop around the 4 hour mark, so her and the kid can go pee. One time we just got into Chicago and the kid said "I HAVE TO PEE!", Navi said we were 17 miles away, with 70 minutes to go. I told my wife "just unbuckle her, take her to the back and put her on the portable potty. We're not even moving, so it's probably safe" :laugh:

I did bad chinese. Not all that tasty but cheap and filling. Later: nap.

Ya I kinda look forward to the day I get to roadtrip in my TDI as well. Tho only if I'm by myself. I'm sure wife and child won't make 700+ miles without stopping.

Ever had chinese food from Ma's in Elk Grove? Their egg rolls are almost the size of a burrito. Been a while since we got food from there, but damn... knock you out for the rest of the day.

They are perfect for road trips and the 30 MPG+ at 70-75 MPH is always nice as well.

Last road trip in our GLI, we got about 36MPG on flat land. Once we got to some hilly areas, got down to 31MPG. Think we got about 460 miles out of one tank. Now with our Santa Fe, going to same destination, it got between 24MPG-28MPG. But it was a lot more comfy and a ton of room.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Oh snaps. Love me some burritos, but hard to find a place that makes good burritos.

Jon do you ever go to Taqeria El Gallo De Oro in Des Plaines - I used to go to the original one in Chicago all the time many years ago , best burritos ive ever had. I wouldn't mind going back but I hear the neighborhood is no longer safe for white folk.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
^ dang yeah tacos are delicious.

poor mans special sounds pretty good tbh. how much is the special?$

yep, exactly my feels.

Change in plans , the boss wanted Chinese and it was his turn to buy, so Chinese it is today

Jaber

Modero
Jon do you ever go to Taqeria El Gallo De Oro in Des Plaines - I used to go to the original one in Chicago all the time many years ago , best burritos ive ever had. I wouldn't mind going back but I hear the neighborhood is no longer safe for white folk.

Yup, love that place. Amazing tacos, but their burritos were ok, last time I had them. They get really busy, at times it is impossible to place an order over the phone and it's jam packed inside.

Whenever one of our friends come into town, they always get something from there lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Last road trip in our GLI, we got about 36MPG on flat land. Once we got to some hilly areas, got down to 31MPG. Think we got about 460 miles out of one tank. Now with our Santa Fe, going to same destination, it got between 24MPG-28MPG. But it was a lot more comfy and a ton of room.

Not bad. On the trip back to Chicago from Seattle, both my MkIV 1.8T GTI 5sp and my B7 A4 w/2.0T and 6sp averaged ~34mpg. (I flew a friend + my dad out to help with driving 2 cars back). Was super impressed. This was also in January where it was super cold.

Driving through a snowstorm in Wyoming was one of the scariest, most white-knuckled things I've ever done.

I prefer tacos to burritos. The shell/filling ratio is way off on burritos. Tacos is just right. Rather eat 3-4 tacos any day of the week than a burrito.

Does anyone else find it as surprising as I do how filling 3-4 steak tacos are? And I mean the real kind... onions, cilantro, maybe some sour cream, and a corn tortilla?

Also... that Chinese is back in the form of intense drowsiness. Pulling down the free (bad tasting) coffee to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.