GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R MK VII not coming to America?...

Dawg82

Got my latest Car and Driver with the 2014 preview. Says the R is being discontinued? Cannot find any corroboration on the web

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Got my latest Car and Driver with the 2014 preview. Says the R is being discontinued? Cannot find any corroboration on the web

If this is true, which in sure it isn't, my mk6 R just increased in value haha

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
They usually make the R at the later part of the generation production cycle so that would make sense. I wouldn't expect another R for a few years.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
My two-year old could better predict future VW trends than Car and Driver lol..

The MK6 R has been d/c'd, along with all other MK6s.. Probably getting wires crossed. Well I've wasted enough time in this topic, back to watching reruns of Glee.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

2004 R32, 2008 R32, 2012ish Golf R....see a trend :rolleyes:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
maybe they'll drop the Golf R - and give us the scirocco R instead :iono:

but there's already been many sightings of what appears to be a MKVII Golf R testing, lapping NRBGRING, etc etc...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

but there's already been many sightings of what appears to be a MKVII Golf R testing, lapping NRBGRING, etc etc...

Like the idea!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've heard from dealer sources (word of mouth by employees, via the owner) that it is coming.. possibly DSG and MT as well. All may be happy for once. But we wouldnt' see it till probably 2015 as a 2016 model, I'd guess.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
That is correct. The Golf R is discontinued in North America for 2014. We are only getting a limited about of 4 door Golf and GTI models before the MK7 is released here as a 2015 model. Do not expect a R model in the US in 2015 either.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
good point, cos the MK6 R didn't actuallly arrive till what, January or february OF 2012.. which means it could be the same for 2016... holy balls that's a long wait :(

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
If we want to get technical, the 2 door Golfs and GTIs are also discontinued for 2014 also. But we they will return with the MK7 release.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!

Oh god, if they do bring the Scirocco i will have to trade in my R for it. the wife will be pissed! i would think they will reproduce the R in 2016 as they did in the past with skipping 4 years. I wonder why they they want to dc it forever.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lulz^

Ask those 2008 R32 guys how that worked for them..... oh wait.

;)

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!

Scirocco back end is hideous compared to the golf r but the front end and headlights on the scirocco are sex