GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Mk7 GTI vs 2016 Mustang 5.0

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I'm back, but I sold my mk6 ko4 last summer :( i've missed it. I bought a mk7 GTI to replace it, and I'm very surprised to see how well this car responds to mods. I'd say my mk7 is not too far behind how quick my ko4 mk6 was. Anyways...

I ran a buddy of mine on Saturday. He drives a 2016 Mustang GT. He is currently stock with straight pipes. Made a video just for fun.
We did a 50 roll and a 40 roll. Man the mod bug has hit me, I told myself I wouldn't mod my next GTI (I used to drive a mk6 ko4 FBO) what should be next? Intercooler? DSG tune? I'm taking suggestions. I don't plan on upgrading turbo....for now ha!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqmuXPrsSw

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Good luck not modding lol.....

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Good luck not modding lol.....

I'll give myself credit, I went almost 1.5 years before I got it flashed with APR stage 1. I'm currently Stage 2 with downpipe, and during my dsg service I said fuck it and got the APR intake as well lol. The snowball is rolling now haha. I think DSG tune is next.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I'll give myself credit, I went almost 1.5 years before I got it flashed with APR stage 1. I'm currently Stage 2 with downpipe, and during my dsg service I said fuck it and got the APR intake as well lol. The snowball is rolling now haha. I think DSG tune is next.

Then coilovers after that? :)

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I'm surprised he pulls on you slightly/starts to keep up

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I beat a stage 2 gti last year. What color is yours?

If it was around this time last year I wasn't Stage 2 just yet and don't remember running any mk6 GTIs but if you're in the Indy area I'd be down to do some runs for fun. My GTI is red, btw

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised he pulls on you slightly/starts to keep up

First run I had already been driving for about 1-2 hours (I'm still stock IC) and I have a passenger. He met up with me and his car was fresh, after driving around for a bit we did another run and I think that's why the 2nd run my car pulled a little bit at the beginning. Biggest difference is me having a passenger and him riding solo.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Then coilovers after that? :)

Actually I think I'm going to be getting some wheels...first time I've ever bought a pair of aftermarket wheels for any car I've owned. I'm planning on buying the neuspeed Rse10 19" wheels. I've never really thought about coilovers, I just know they are expensive lol. Hopefully in the near future my next mod will be....an e92 m3 :).

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
If it was around this time last year I wasn't Stage 2 just yet and don't remember running any mk6 GTIs but if you're in the Indy area I'd be down to do some runs for fun. My GTI is red, btw

I am in the Indy area, and I know exactly where you like to run, but I have to stay out of trouble as I got a speed contest charge last year. It was actually on the same road you run on just south more.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I am in the Indy area, and I know exactly where you like to run, but I have to stay out of trouble as I got a speed contest charge last year. It was actually on the same road you run on just south more.

If you ever decide you want to run just let me know I'm always down to run whenever.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Thats weird, my stage 2 mk6 gti pulled on a coworkers 2013 5.0 (pro tuned, not OTS). He hasn't asked for a roll on the K04 yet lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Thats weird, my stage 2 mk6 gti pulled on a coworkers 2013 5.0 (pro tuned, not OTS). He hasn't asked for a roll on the K04 yet lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I find that mildly hard to believe.... Stage 2 was good enough to take the 4.6 GT's but a 5.0? Not buying it.