GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How often do you replace your pcv valve?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I run a 034 catch can with Africa plate for most of the year right up until the first freeze and then i swap over to an oem pcv (rev AH).

Yeah, I have cold weather conditions part of the year here, but I really don't want to get a cc, only to have to swap it out. Not laziness, just simply don't think I should have to use something 500.00 worth for 9 months and then have to switch to something that will need replacement after 20 or 25k miles that's another 150.00

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Yeah, I have cold weather conditions part of the year here, but I really don't want to get a cc, only to have to swap it out. Not laziness, just simply don't think I should have to use something 500.00 worth for 9 months and then have to switch to something that will need replacement after 20 or 25k miles that's another 150.00

I put on about 50k miles per year so I’d blow through pcv’s once a year, hence the catch can route.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I had my apr one since march I think. Probably wasn't cold enough for it to freeze. Hell, my newsouth boost tap froze once, but thats skinny wire. Maybe its the can itself or the drain line?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Them apr lines are pretty dense. Do they really freeze

My APR one somehow froze when I had it and the car ran very terribly. I emptied it often as well. I wonder if what was left over in the lines and the baffles in the can froze with the sub zero temps? Just took it off to avoid it happening again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Im wondering with the way the apr one works, if you are worried about freezing, can you just omit the can and run the long line from the intake track to the pcv directly? I know it defeats the purpose of the can, but we are just talking about freeze conditions here

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Im wondering with the way the apr one works, if you are worried about freezing, can you just omit the can and run the long line from the intake track to the pcv directly? I know it defeats the purpose of the can, but we are just talking about freeze conditions here

At that point might as well just keep the OEM setup in tact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The route is a little different. It wouldn't be filtered by the pcv I guess coming off the front port instead of the rear.
Edit, nvm that's probably bad for the turbo

Last edited: