GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

God I love this car in the Mountains!

hatzo1

Ready to race!
Of course I love it anywhere but in the shop.LOL But the car is awesome and really shines on mountian roads. Its still in stock form, but soon to have some better suspension, So dont beat me up on the ride height.
We ran Six Gap in North GA. http://www.sixgap.com/

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Those aren't mountians silly :p

Nice shots! :)

TDI110

O_o
On my way from St. Anton am Arlberg to Fussen took me through some good windy mountainous roads. For a TDI I had a blast, lots of oooomph down low.

Love the pics.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
The mountains are no doubt the ideal place for a turbocharged car.

The turbocharger help makeup the lost horsepower of driving at high altitudes, and mountain roads are almost always the most fun. I am lucky enough to live Colorado where we have the highest and the most awesome driving roads around. Its amazing how a 200HP GTI can easily pass cars that should be far faster, but are struggling to breathe.

Interstate 70 crosses the continental divide at over 11,000 feet. At that altitude, the air density is roughly 35% less than sea level, so NA cars are down 35% of their power, but the GTI still pulls close to full power.

Dawg82

Took my GTI to mountains first time this weekend...

Handling was what I expected. DSG took a little getting used to for engine breaking down steep runs. Best part of trip was averaging 32.5 MPG which included some stop and go in Asheville.

Your GTI is match for mine - 4-dr USG with DSG

GTI Geo

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, the mountains out west are a bit taller than the ones east of the Mississippi, but I am sure that they are fun to drive through. I go over Snoqualmie Summit about one a month, and the GTI is a fun car for that, and about everything else, come to think of it..