GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
How much did it take to fill the front plate holes? Also do you get hassled for not having a plate?

Where's your body shop? I'm looking for a decent one with a good price that can fix my GF's front bumper. She bumped a truck and messed up her front bumper skin, cracked her bumper support and other small damage. Not going through insurance so I'll be paying out of pocket.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
How much did it take to fill the front plate holes? Also do you get hassled for not having a plate?

Where's your body shop? I'm looking for a decent one with a good price that can fix my GF's front bumper. She bumped a truck and messed up her front bumper skin, cracked her bumper support and other small damage. Not going through insurance so I'll be paying out of pocket.

+1 on the body shop... Need to get dents taken off the hood and fenders of my wife's other car too so it's decent to drive (she ran into my bikes mounted on the wall and they popped off and put dents all over the hood)... That way I can put her back into her old car (a boring Accord), sell the CC, and focus more mod money to my GTI and FJ:)

AZN_C300

Ready to race!

+1 on the body shop... Need to get dents taken off the hood and fenders of my wife's other car too so it's decent to drive (she ran into my bikes mounted on the wall and they popped off and put dents all over the hood)... That way I can put her back into her old car (a boring Accord), sell the CC, and focus more mod money to my GTI and FJ:)

Well, the body shop hooked me up, but you can contact Auto Network at 626-285-5489. Ask for Bruce.

That was one thing I forgot to mention in my build list, I also added big earth magnets on the inside of my bumper so when I go park in LA, I slap on my front plates which holds tight with magnets on the other side of the plate. While driving though, I never get hassled.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
That was one thing I forgot to mention in my build list, I also added big earth magnets on the inside of my bumper so when I go park in LA, I slap on my front plates which holds tight with magnets on the other side of the plate. While driving though, I never get hassled.

Very interesting. So you just used like epoxy to hold Neodymium magnets to the inside of the bumper?

I'm thinking about cutting a slit in my bumper and adding an air damn/vent what ever you want to call it to allow more flow to my FMIC. But I would love a way to fix a plate when parked or to hid the vent.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Very interesting. So you just used like epoxy to hold Neodymium magnets to the inside of the bumper?

I'm thinking about cutting a slit in my bumper and adding an air damn/vent what ever you want to call it to allow more flow to my FMIC. But I would love a way to fix a plate when parked or to hid the vent.

Yup. They just threw some epoxy on the magnets and attached them to the inside of the bumper. Real simple. :thumbsup:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
(Update) Got the new REVO v1.5 Software on and OMG totally transforms the car. She just keeps pulling and pulling. Much better ride now. Also absolutely no DSG problem that people had in the past. Looks like REVO fixed it in this latest update. Power and MPG. Definitely money well spent!

And with their SPS switch, makes changing ECU mapping characteristics so easy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
(Update) Got the new REVO v1.5 Software on and OMG totally transforms the car. She just keeps pulling and pulling. Much better ride now. Also absolutely no DSG problem that people had in the past. Looks like REVO fixed it in this latest update. Power and MPG. Definitely money well spent!

And with their SPS switch, makes changing ECU mapping characteristics so easy.

Sweet ! Keep us posted on this, I am curious about that update also.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Yeah, initial impressions were pretty amazing. REVO was in my car shooting video and kept asking me to talk about what I felt, but I was like totally lost in the moment and and couldn't put together a coherent sentence lol.

I'll keep monitoring it though to see if any issue pops up, but supposedly the limp mode issue with DSG was easily repeatable and when tested on my car, did not happen. No fault/error codes popped up either.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Clean. You sir, have style

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
This is one of the better TDI builds I have ever seen. I tried to look at this from work a few days ago but the pics wouldn't work. This is truly an amazing build you have going here. Keep it up man.

Timujin

Ready to race!
Hey gotta question

Revo software v1.5 fixed a DSG problem? Or the engine stumble associated with DSGs?

Again, sounds great pulls hard. Would like a test ride one day please.

Last edited:

RevoTechnik-GM

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey gotta question

Revo software v1.5 fixed a DSG problem? Or the engine stumble associated with DSGs?

Neither...

Our original Version One software was exhibiting a problem in about 2% of the number of cars being flashed. While that's a considerably low number where most manufacturers would be concerned, (and where you could very easily point blame elsewhere since the vast majority of cars flashed performed flawlessly), our engineering team was determined to find a common denominator so we can strive for 100% satisfaction.

Originally it looked as if the common denominator was DSG, so what he was stating previously is that since his car is also a DSG, and he would keep a close eye out to see if he has any issues with this latest version. Most likely as a way to provide feedback for those who have been on the fence about having their cars flashed.

So far so good in all of our test cars,... and we should be releasing the updated version very shortly to those few that have experienced hiccups with their flash.