GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
oh! I thought this version you threw on resolved those issues that others had on. Well, regardless, I'm not having any issues at all so far and loving every moment driving!

RevoTechnik-GM

Passed Driver's Ed
oh! I thought this version you threw on resolved those issues that others had on. Well, regardless, I'm not having any issues at all so far and loving every moment driving!

Yes, the version you have is the latest version created to addressed the limp mode issue.

(I hope this doesn't confuse the situation more than before...)

I didn't want people to mistakenly think that somehow our ECU software can correct/fix any issues they may be experiencing with their DSG on a completely stock car.

I was just clarifying that our goal was to address an issue that appeared to be with our software, in a random 2% of vehicles, most of which seemed to be DSG.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
That video is great. I really love your TDI. w/ 16k miles on my GTI and approaching the 1 year mark of ownership, I really should have gotten a TDI + Revo

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone

Oh man... your car sounds pretty sweet.:thumbsup: But its a bit bumpy for the looks of that vid. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm kinda :thumbdown: on my Koni with regard to ride quality. Just a bit too bumpy. I figured I'd give them a shot since they have adjustable damping and several forum members recommended, but I'll probably go back to my old standby KWs later. You should have seen it when I had it at max and half stiff. Was bone jarring...even with the 17" stockies.

damn that's just sick I have a new look on the tdi now...what do you do for a living

Project Manager for the DoD :thumbsup:

josuar88

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you make these kind of connections after you spend a good amount on the other cars right lol.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you make these kind of connections after you spend a good amount on the other cars right lol.

Well, other cars were pretty hooked up as well. Just comes from networking mainly. Socal and Norcal are have tons of shops/manufacturers/suppliers. Family owns a motorsports shop and I'm good friends with ownership at DPE and IForged/Forgestar who know like everyone else in the business lol. The industry is actually pretty tight knit.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Just found a local composite shop (who apparently does the CF work for Gintani and Asuka, and who had one of their workers go off and start Arkym). Gonna have the Rieger CF-look kit wrapped in real CF. :D

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Just found a local composite shop (who apparently does the CF work for Gintani and Asuka, and who had one of their workers go off and start Arkym). Gonna have the Rieger CF-look kit wrapped in real CF. :D

What Rieger parts do you have? Don't see in pics.