GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Torque Mount Insert

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been reading a lot of forums about torque mount inserts and i'm wondering if anyone has experience with a 2.5L. Seems to be mostly 2.0T talking about it. I want to tighten up without losing much comfort and making the car feel cheap. I'm looking at the BFI insert... anyone used or driven a 2.5L with one or any other recommendations?

isons429

Ready to race!
I had the stage 1 from BFI, took it off the car. Way too much vibration for me, even after the 500 mile break in period. Driving my car now without having to listen and FEEL the vibrations is wonderful. This is just my opinion though, as many people do not seem to mind the vibration and noise. To me, the trade off was not worth it.

thygreyt

Racekor.
torque mount insert? the $40 thing on the pendulum mount (aka dog bone)?

nah. i mean, its great for 40, and it does a good job. vibrations are introduced, and if they were (ymmv) they would be minimal.

I had it for 2 years.

now i have the HPA puck. is 1000 times better. the car performs WAY better.
accelerates better
turns better (everything is more "solid")
shifts crisper

... BUT. it does introduce a decent ammount of vibrations. not for the faint of heart.

i have the 85A

Tecni

Ready to race!
I have the ECS dogbone insert. I like how the engine feels more planted but the vibrations, especially in reverse are really annoying.

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
I do a lot of daily driving. Much rather the comfort seeing that i dont do much tracking or racing

VWghost26

Ready to race!
I have a BSH insert. Shifting difference is great. Vibrations I hate. Soooo much vibrations. Contemplating removing it shortly or trying one with a lower durometer rating if it's available.

rc0224

Ready to race!
I have the ECS dogbone insert. I like how the engine feels more planted but the vibrations, especially in reverse are really annoying.

hmmm i was gonna pull the trigger on this, since they didnt put any info reguarding about the vibrations on their website

RJB121

Ready to race!
i have the autotech one just havent had a chance to install...will post back when i get the time