GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help w/ CPO GTI (advice please)

ForumZero

Hello everyone, I've been on here for a while reading posts (some real nice rides on here :thumbsup: ) but I could use a little advice.

I'm interested in a used 4 goor GTI with less than 3k miles on it, my only hold up is that it was titled/registered as a Corporate Fleet Vehicle in VA for 2 months (4/1-6/10). To me the 2 months doesn't make sense. What type of concerns should I have when going to look at the car?

It's a 4 door convenience/sunroof MT priced at under $26k.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Who cares if the car and price are good it could have been registered as a space ship and you should still have no issues with it. As long as it wasn't a dealer loaner or rental

Bender1

Banned
Hello everyone, I've been on here for a while reading posts (some real nice rides on here :thumbsup: ) but I could use a little advice.

I'm interested in a used 4 goor GTI with less than 3k miles on it, my only hold up is that it was titled/registered as a Corporate Fleet Vehicle in VA for 2 months (4/1-6/10). To me the 2 months doesn't make sense. What type of concerns should I have when going to look at the car?

It's a 4 door convenience/sunroof MT priced at under $26k.

High on price. With that mileage a Corp Fleet Vehicle in VA = probably a VW Corp Car.

ForumZero

For almost $26k why not just buy new? Do they special rates for CPOs?

Just the continuation of basic 3yr/36000 warranty with scheduled maintenance and additional 2yr/24000 warranty (because its CPO)

Financing wise 1.99% but I can get 1.50%

Do the math as it might be cheaper to buy new with 0% and buy an extended warranty.

or even cheaper if you buy new at 0% and if get your insurance company's mechanical breakdown insurance warranty. (mine is thru Geico) total of 7 yrs 100k if you want it...at 1/4 of the initial cost of ext. warranty

3 yr bumper to bumper warranty is kinda weak. Especially if, like me, you'll be paying for this car for many months after the 3yr mark.

Last edited:

ForumZero

^^^I didn't know you could get extended warranties through your ins. I just saw 0% financing was extended to Sept. 3rd so I think I will try and go that route. Only problem is there are NO convenience/sunroof 4 door MT in the color I like (I know, i know, poor baby) which is carbon steel gray.

That means a step up DE or down Wolfsburg.

I got quoted on a DE for $29k not sure if that was with or w/out TTL. is that good? I fired back at $27 and I don't think the manager appreciated it.