GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6\\\ 1slow_gti Guys SLOW build thread ///GTI

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Hey, name is Max and this is my story and slow build thread.

Even though I can own any mod friendly car and owned cars from honda to bmw, I was never a big VW guy as i could simply not find the "thing" that i liked about it. My Wife and i were initially looking for a Evo X Mr due to us both wanting a automatic "cool paddle shift able" car. But quickly that was off the list after reading so many horror stories about the sst. We made our way over to a local VW dealership to look at a Touareg as a car to settle (we also have a 2 year old) with and get out of the modding scene but, couldnt even go past a mk6 gti that was just sitting there looking pretty. Just something about a mk6 that caught my attention. still dont know what but im in Love! We drove home In this 2012 CG DSG 4dr 37,000 miles on the clock and a 1 owner. And now its a new money pit :wub:

Feel free to comment criticize and give me pointers with this whole VW thing :thumbsup:

Bone STOCK>

As of 9/6/2014

~ 35% F 20% R window tint
~ yellow fog overlays
~ evoms Intake
~Ebay downpipe (temporary)
~blacked out emblems
~debaged trunk
~German flag emblem inserts (trunk)
~ Sportline springs

Waiting to be installed
~accuair switch speed air ride
~ECS spacers
~euro tails

Future mods
~ko4 with front mount
~fender flares or a whole wide body kit
Initial goal is to make this Gti one of a kind.

Will update when i get proper pictures :happyanim:

The look Im shooting for as far as the rear goes. Thoughts?

Last edited:

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
some updated pics.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Went out and took some pictures. First time trying light painting.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Big move coming up here in a month. Moving down to south FL. Hope to start modding seriously this winter and get the car in show class mode for 2015. for now, random shots.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Update: 1.Purchased air as a early Christmas gift. SPEACIAL thanks to AnchorsAweigh!
2. Got the Golf R tail lights coming in tomorrow
3. Also some ECS wheels spacer flush kit. Might sell though. Will see how things go with air ride.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
At last, All the parts have come in! Excuse all these cell phone pics.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Nice! A bagged car always looks good!
Thanks! Really excited about this whole air thing! Figured if I now drive a vw might as well jump on it :happyanim:
hey another virginian, nice car!
In my area there is only like 3 gtii that are female driven lol I see a lot up in dc area though. I'm there once a month or so. Thanks!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Really excited about this whole air thing! Figured if I now drive a vw might as well jump on it :happyanim:

In my area there is only like 3 gtii that are female driven lol I see a lot up in dc area though. I'm there once a month or so. Thanks!

Well i live in nova (30 mins from dc to be exact) and i see gtis from time to time, but in dc i see atleast 3-4 golfs or gtis, theyre seem to be popular there

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
I just got air also waiting for the install in Jan :thumbup:.

Nice tails also man :thumbsup:
That's what's up! :w00t: congrats! First air set up?

Well i live in nova (30 mins from dc to be exact) and i see gtis from time to time, but in dc i see atleast 3-4 golfs or gtis, theyre seem to be popular there

Oh ok, and yes lol real popular.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Well I sat down today and start the wiring for the air set up. I think I nailed it?

My kit was used so it looks like previous owner went with his own imagination. Power comes from a 8g wire that runs into a distributor block. From there I have the relay hooked up and also the red power line to the ecu itself. Looks ok so far?

I hope you like the rug and old couches lol this is at my in laws. Don't hate haha.