GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S/C RSX-S and V3.1 K04 MK6 GTI

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
My dad, brother, and I finally finished building my dad's 02 RSX. It's a probably a pretty uncommon build for 2015 seeing how old the car is. He's running 9-10psi with a 3.1X pulley, CT Engineering Roots supercharger, and aftercooler system by Vit Viper. We've also done your standard stuff like racing headers, intake, injectors, exhaust.. your needed supporting mods. The car's ECU is equipped with Hondata's KPro V4 and he's running a very slightly modified cookie cutter tune provided by Hondata. The project goal is 300whp. Once we get the wideband 02 sensor in today and start the custom tuning process with Vit Viper I think he'll make those numbers.

I've got the FBO K04 MK6. We were zipping around today and I gotta say the cars are very comparable. Totally different in their approach. With his low mass flywheel and racing clutch the car is a bit of a bear to drive. Mine on the other hand with the DSG is pretty low key sadly. His car has that S/C whine while it's ripping and running and I just push forward in a very refined way. To make a long story short I think he'll outrun my car once he gets a custom tune.

I'll add the potato vid later today when I get back, it was an afterthought. Normally I use my phone for my YaV1/V1 setup. I'll have to record some more runs and add them.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Let me know how close you guys are.

I plan on doing K04 in the future and my buddy has a K24 Si that he plans on supercharging via CT-e and vitviper as well. Think the K24 might be faster though, not sure.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wow. 10psi out of a roots supercharger is going to do a lot better than 300whp I bet. That build sounds crazy awesome. Can't wait for the vid

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Here's the crappy vid I quickly shot. We don't get on it until turning off the highway, and he immediately let off as soon as he got in front of the truck. I raced by because I was running out of road.

It seemed pretty even, but I'm thinking his car is faster even with the meh tune. Either way it's a solid challenge. I'll have to do some more runs (longer) over the next few days.

https://youtu.be/Pj6ZE3cjGi4

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Wow. 10psi out of a roots supercharger is going to do a lot better than 300whp I bet. That build sounds crazy awesome. Can't wait for the vid
Yeah it's a beast. The damn thing screams. It's going to surprise a lot of cars for sure. I'll have to post some new vids in the next few days, this one was too last minute and we had to take it easy after this short pull.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Let me know how close you guys are.

I plan on doing K04 in the future and my buddy has a K24 Si that he plans on supercharging via CT-e and vitviper as well. Think the K24 might be faster though, not sure.
Pretty even really, with maybe a slight edge to him. His setup is also pushing out 9-10ish psi with an aftercooler.

I'm sure the K24's are quite fast depending on the amount of boost. The larger displacement helps. The downside of that engine is it doesn't have VTEC for both the exhaust and intake cams. It's a poor excuse for a Honda performance engine. The various high performance K20's are just great engines. It's a shame all Honda does is tease people with the Type R and make the pathetic Si.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah it's a beast. The damn thing screams. It's going to surprise a lot of cars for sure. I'll have to post some new vids in the next few days, this one was too last minute and we had to take it easy after this short pull.

That car is alot lighter and will do alot more with 300whp than our golfs. Good video man

that being said NEVER pass on the right! Thats how accidents happen.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Very true. Those Si's weight 2850 compared to our 3150? We need like 330+ to hang

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Sick that's pretty light. I have a 4-door so a bit heavier

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
That car is alot lighter and will do alot more with 300whp than our golfs. Good video man

that being said NEVER pass on the right! Thats how accidents happen.

Can't argue with that logic. The truckwas zipping around with us so it was a little safer, but yeah, not a good practice.

Last edited:

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I weighted my 6mt at 3026 without me in it. Then did a rear seat delete and spare removal which measured just shy of 150lbs.

Amazing what the weight loss will do for you

That weight makes more sense and is similar to some listings I've found online from VW. The car with a full interior only weighs a little over 3k lbs and I believe is a bit heavier with the DSG.