GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trytun's Baby Girl

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Wow! That's a bit more work than my capability as I'm not an auto body painter. [emoji17] I don't have an airbrush, thinner, etc. But you grill looks great so I may reach out to my buddy with an airbrush gun and see if he'll accept the challenge. [emoji39]
Can you list the items needed and where to buy when you have a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can most likely take it to any decent auto body shop and tell them what you want with the strips. I had an acquaintance that owed me a favor paint it (a body shop painter) and it took him like 20 mins to paint and clear and most likely cost him $20 in materials. If you go in and they say $60 to paint it, do it.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
You can most likely take it to any decent auto body shop and tell them what you want with the strips. I had an acquaintance that owed me a favor paint it (a body shop painter) and it took him like 20 mins to paint and clear and most likely cost him $20 in materials. If you go in and they say $60 to paint it, do it.

Ahhh! Good to know, thanks. I'm still considering a couple of options.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh! Good to know, thanks. I'm still considering a couple of options.

I considered going with a different grille but I like the way this looks. I get to keep my chrome accents which I like for the contrast and it's really minimal work when you consider everything else that we do to achieve the look and feel we want with our cars haha

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
http://youtu.be/bL9yDLKKH2U

Uploaded a video of the cold start of the Eurojet full TBE - I'll get more videos of how it sounds in different situations as well and continue uploading them.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nice build! Looks good! Too bad I'm a all white car guy lol, do you have any rub issues on the super sports? Just picked up a set that were on sale for $200 shipped...

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Nice build! Looks good! Too bad I'm a all white car guy lol, do you have any rub issues on the super sports? Just picked up a set that were on sale for $200 shipped...

Thanks! I do rub when I'm going through the canyons around here. But that's only when I go down a steep incline with a bump. Other than that no, I'm sitting really flush with my fenders, it's a really good fitment.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! I do rub when I'm going through the canyons around here. But that's only when I go down a steep incline with a bump. Other than that no, I'm sitting really flush with my fenders, it's a really good fitment.

Glad to hear! Hope I don't rub too much on auto crosses and when I track it, planning on matting them with Komi yellows!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear! Hope I don't rub too much on auto crosses and when I track it, planning on matting them with Komi yellows!

:thumbsup:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at a lot of different aftermarket wheel options to change it up from my Interlagos. I've always had a thing for the 5-spoke wheels. Here's the end result:

I decided once again to not go aftermarket.

. . . For now . . .

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
They look good! Always liked 5 spoke wheels!

Thanks!

Now I'm having the rub issues you were askin about earlier. I went from a 225/40/18 on the old tire/rim setup to a 235/40/18, which is the same size as what the rims came with from another member on here. Every bump it hits that fender screw. I'm going to have to take it out. Seems like 225/40/18 is the max you can go comfortably on H&R Super Sports with stock struts.

Last edited:

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

Now I'm having the rub issues you were askin about earlier. I went from a 225/40/18 on the old tire/rim setup to a 235/40/18, which is the same size as what the rims came with from another member on here. Every bump it hits that fender screw. I'm going to have to take it out. Seems like 225/40/18 is the max you can go comfortably on H&R Super Sports with stock struts.

I had super sports on stock struts with 235 and it rubbed all the time front and rear. 225/40/18 is gonna be your best bet.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I had super sports on stock struts with 235 and it rubbed all the time front and rear. 225/40/18 is gonna be your best bet.

In the coming weeks I'm looking to pick up some DG springs and Koni yellows. I'll be raising my ride height obviously so that should help.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
What is stock wheel tire setup

18x8 i dunno the Detroit offset, I assume it's 41.

225/40/18