GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI vs 03 Boxster

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my car chipped this week and figured I'd tear it up to see what it could do yesterday. I convinced my friend to take out his 03 Boxster and we tore it up for a little bit. Didn't get any stop lights side to side, however, we had tons of fun and I definitely got to see just how much the ecu chip did.

I kept up with him no problem. I think in a drag, I could probably beat him...It would depend on my shifting. There was one stop sign that we got up to where it was a clear path, and we both punched it at about the same time. I feel like I was creeping up to him in 3rd gear.

So, speed wise I feel like we're about even. However, handling wise it really isn't THAT comparable. I certainly held my own and kept up (we were doing ridiculously high speeds on pretty good 30-45 degree curves/turns), but there was one where I almost lost control, and the Porsche really had no problems. It's mid engine really gives it great agility.

Just thought I'd share that quick story with you guys...

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
sorry man, but if he even kept up with you even from a dig you need to go out and practice your launch...those are slower from that a stock gti...you can even look at the 0-60 which is 7.0sec for a manual boxster....plus the gti is underrated

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry man, but if he even kept up with you even from a dig you need to go out and practice your launch...those are slower from that a stock gti...you can even look at the 0-60 which is 7.0sec for a manual boxster....plus the gti is underrated

The boxster was tiptronic.

And I have read that it is in the 5's in 0-60??

Like I said though, in a drag, I think I could beat it.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Was it a Boxter or Boxter S? There is a pretty big difference.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
i actually told you wrong, it is actually the tiptronic that is 7 sec 0-60 the manual is 6.2...huge difference actually

the boxster s in tippy is still 6.2 sec

plus if it is the standard boxster you should be putting down its peak hp to the wheels where it would have around 200whp

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
I've driven in that car and can guarantee you it is not a 7 second car.

It's not the S. It's a base.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
This is why I never post a "vs" thread without videos lol plus video captures what happened way better than I could ever write or type down.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
ohh if you kept up with him than that must me your chip didnt work.... sorry i walk on porsche cocksters all day haha. poor mans porsche lol

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
.... sorry i walk on porsche cocksters all day haha. poor mans porsche lol

I've got nothing against gti's. I've got a '12 on order as we speak, and that 'poor mans porsche', may not take the git off the line, but in the twisties, he's gonna leave you chokin on his dust pretty much everytime. Even the base model. Porsche is about more than just tearing up the streets man, you've gotta respect that.

A porsche and a gti pull up in front of the club...where are the girls headed???

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got nothing against gti's. I've got a '12 on order as we speak, and that 'poor mans porsche', may not take the git off the line, but in the twisties, he's gonna leave you chokin on his dust pretty much everytime. Even the base model. Porsche is about more than just tearing up the streets man, you've gotta respect that.

A porsche and a gti pull up in front of the club...where are the girls headed???

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. My car is faster, but handling has to go to the Porsche. That mid engine and RWD is a fantastic combo for tight turns.

omes4life1

Ready to race!

If the girls are after your money...the porsche, if they know any car logic and like you for who you are and not wht you have...The GTI
no boxter is a head turner thats forsure.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
If the girls are after your money...the porsche, if they know any car logic and like you for who you are and not wht you have...The GTI
no boxter is a head turner thats forsure.

If they know anything at all they will know an 03 boxster runs yu 12-15 grand...and is the poor mans porsche

So what's an '03 gti goin for these days?? And what the hell does the kind of car a person drives have to do with what kind of person they are??

outs... .. .

sethmark

Passed Driver's Ed
I have both in my garage. An 02 Boxster tiptronic and an 11 GTI DSG. The GTI is faster.

The Boxster will devour it in the corners.