GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maniacs DSG Paddle Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_CSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Tape is tape regardless off the quality it will always just be tape. If there were
such a thing as superior quality tape then maybe other parts of the gti would
be put on with tape. Oh well good luck selling them.

Well, I ran these paddle extensions on my Mk5 for well over a year, including 2 track days and an autocross. The tape is more than adequate to secure these to the OEM paddles. In fact, I am running them in my Mk6 and fully expect years of trouble-free use.

Looks are subjective (I like them, others may not), but they can take the abuse of daily use and laps around the racetrack, even if it is "just tape".

my 2¢

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
tacky my ass.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I just found the exact same product (same brand) from one of your competitors for $147-$156 depending on finish... .. .?. .. ...i think you should lower your price to be more competitive.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I bought the CF paddle extenders for $99 plus shipping, which I thought was fair.

I am not familiar with the paddle shifter extenders, but I can say that after one year with mine, I still like them and would buy them again.

At $170, I find it hard to see the value. My 2 cents. Peace. :iono:

EDIT: Here is the review information of the version I have.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4557&highlight=paddle

Sorry, but I don't like to see some of my fellow MK6ers over paying for an ergonmic solution.

Of course, the finish and look is subjective and if that is your objective then I don't blame anyone for paying more for these.

Last edited:

ZmaxAutoSport.com

Ready to race!
I bought the CF paddle extenders for $99 plus shipping, which I thought was fair.

I am not familiar with the paddle shifter extenders, but I can say that after one year with mine, I still like them and would buy them again.

At $170, I find it hard to see the value. My 2 cents. Peace. :iono:

EDIT: Here is the review information of the version I have.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4557&highlight=paddle

Sorry, but I don't like to see some of my fellow MK6ers over paying for an ergonmic solution.

Of course, the finish and look is subjective and if that is your objective then I don't blame anyone for paying more for these.

thanks for letting us know, it is a bad fitment, just a choice of life style,I buy something i can afford & real. :)

Last edited:

ZmaxAutoSport.com

Ready to race!
I just found the exact same product (same brand) from one of your competitors for $147-$156 depending on finish... .. .?. .. ...i think you should lower your price to be more competitive.

thank you for letting us, we inspect every piece before we ship, please use 5%Off coupon code"zmax5" to order, that brings to $160.00 and US shipping is included, and low international shipping, thank you.:)

Along The Razor's Edge

Ready to race!
Just got my paddle extensions (satin chrome (abs plastic) w/ black inserts) from Zmax today and installed them. Overall, the fit and materials of the Maniacs are excellent (made in Japan), they blend in seamlessly with the interior. They were also packaged well with extra adhesive, prep solution, glove, etc. (a kit).

There are a few other places that sell these for slightly less, but they do not carry the full line of color combinations. The price difference is only about $12. I really wanted the satin chrome/plain - so for me, the extra cost wasn't a deal breaker.

For me this is a mod that addresses both function and form. I'm happy I did it (I'll give it a few days and post some driving impressions).

Could I have gotten the cheaper ones from eBay? Sure, functionally they are similar, but their execution on the form (for me) is lacking.

BTW, shipping was fast from CA, got them in 3 days.

Here is a pic, sorry about the poor lighting/quality.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337039720.513468.jpg

VINNY1

Ready to race!
My only complaint with DSG is with the paddles, too small, and attached to the wheel. These would be cool, and solve 1 complaint, but not for $170. Maybe for $50 or$60.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.