GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NCSUGray90's 2011 Titan Black GTI

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
You can just remove your dust shields like many people do.

If I only tracked it then I would, but since its a DD I don't want water to be able to splash up on the rotors when they're warm and have them warp

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
If I only tracked it then I would, but since its a DD I don't want water to be able to splash up on the rotors when they're warm and have them warp
I didnt realize that was a concern. I was planning to remove mine. But I guess now I will keep them.

When are you planning to test out the new pads? I am curious to know how those work. Im planning to upgrade mine to either Hawk HPS or Stoptech street pads.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I didnt realize that was a concern. I was planning to remove mine. But I guess now I will keep them.

When are you planning to test out the new pads? I am curious to know how those work. Im planning to upgrade mine to either Hawk HPS or Stoptech street pads.

There are going to be strictly track pads so i get more life out of them, so not until maybe July. There is an event at VIR I'm may go to if I have my wheels and tires in, and have the spare money on hand.

Then again, I may get tired of switching pads so much and just leave them in, haha. Either way, I wont be putting them in until its track time as I have brand new pads in now from replacing the stockers I killed at the last event.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Seems like work is trying to hint at something subliminally......

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I am liking that hint. But it will lead you down a rabbit hole of other mods to keep power and handling in check.

I think of going K04 often.
As much fun as it would be to have a car with that kind of power, I have no desire to bastardise my daily seeing as 99% of the time I drive it, I'd never use it. a tune is almost a definite future mod, but until I have another reliable mode of transport, the gti will remain largely mechanically stock

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Got some track wheels and tires for my car! Found a guy in a Facebook group who had some borbet type e's with 235/40/17 Nitto NT01's for a pretty solid deal.

I'm a little worried about the rear fitment. I didn't drive far on these so I'm hoping they're just not popped back in from being jacked up. Otherwise I'm going to have major rubbing issues and may not be able to use them. May need to just throw all 4 on and go for a quick drive to let it settle

I can fit all 4 in the back, so they can make it to the track!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Good purchase! Looking fwd to more track videos!
Thanks man! Trying to figure out when I can do my next event. My friend/instructor got new wheels as well and we both need camber plates before we go back out so we don't wear our tires unevenly, so we are tentatively hoping for the first of august. I'm definitely itching to get back out though, especially with my new brakes and sways in addition to the tires. I must say I'm concerned that these will rub though. The rears stick out ALOT and I rubbed pulling into my driveway. I let them on tonight and may try to run down an on ramp later to see if I can hear them rubbing again. Hopefully I won't have to sell these amd get something else or put my stock springs on [emoji29]

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man! Trying to figure out when I can do my next event. My friend/instructor got new wheels as well and we both need camber plates before we go back out so we don't wear our tires unevenly, so we are tentatively hoping for the first of august. I'm definitely itching to get back out though, especially with my new brakes and sways in addition to the tires. I must say I'm concerned that these will rub though. The rears stick out ALOT and I rubbed pulling into my driveway. I let them on tonight and may try to run down an on ramp later to see if I can hear them rubbing again. Hopefully I won't have to sell these amd get something else or put my stock springs on [emoji29]

Why don't you try the Audi TT rear shock pads? They will raise the rear by just a li'l bit.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Why don't you try the Audi TT rear shock pads? They will raise the rear by just a li'l bit.

I had not thought of that. I will look into it. Thanks for the idea!

Ninja edit:

Looked up the parts and people are saying they are approx 7.5mm thicker. I think that these plus stiffer rear sways should prevent there from being any issue.

PN for anyone interested is 8J0512149

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Yep, I am using them as well; to eliminate the reverse rake from VWR springs.

Hey, Deep, do you have before and after pics with the shock pads so I can get an idea of how much clearance I'll gain with them, don't want to end up with dragster stance, haha

Last edited: